Student Financial Services Representative
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: SFSRF
- Job Type: Full-time
- Hours: 8:30 am to 5 pm
- Schedule: Monday - Friday; evenings and weekends on occasion as needed.
- Position Location: Longmeadow Campus
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Student Financial Services, responsibilities include; providing excellent customer service to students and their parent(s); assisting with the analysis and awarding of financial aid; reconcile student tuition accounts; monitor the progress and status of award applicants; plan and execute follow up procedures with the goal of reconciling student accounts in a timely manner. Ensure efficiency in day-to-day operations of the Student Financial Services office.
- Provide counseling to students/families on available financial aid programs, policies and procedures along with payment options.
- Maintains current knowledge of federal and state regulatory changes.
- Determine student and parent need and eligibility for federal, state and institutional funds. Management of students files for financial aid packaging and verification.
- Analyze student accounts to assist parents and students with matters pertaining to the reconciliation of tuition balances.
- Respond and resolve financial aid and billing questions and concerns from students, parents and the University community.
- Management of Tuition Management Systems to ensure monthly payment plan accounts are established correctly and accounts are current each month. Notify students if monthly payment plan accounts are delinquent.
- Oversees third party billing for vendors providing tuition assistance (MA Rehabilitation, Vocation Rehabilitation, etc.).
- Prepare the necessary follow-up for student documentation.
- Address financial aid and tuition reconciliation questions and concerns from students, parents and the University community.
- Knowledge of exercising professional judgment for students/parents with unusual circumstances.
- Attend on-and off-campus University related admissions functions, as appropriate.
- Assist at Open House, Information Sessions, and orientation programs as required.
- Assists in the review and follow up of outstanding tuition accounts.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2-3 years collections experience preferred.
- High level of organization and analytical ability.
- Ability to perform detailed work with minimal errors.
- Demonstrated service and team orientated attitude.
- Knowledge of PowerFAIDS and Jenzabar systems.
- Able to work with and maintain confidential material and convey a positive, professional image.
- Able to perform work with frequent deadlines and external pressure to complete assignments.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Excellent accounting, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) requlations.
- Willingness to work flexible and extended schedule including evenings or weekends when necessary.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.