Adjunct Instructor - EKG/ECG
Rowan College at Gloucester County [RCGC] Division of Nursing and Allied Health is hiring adjunct instructors the EKG/ECG course for the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant [CCMA] program. EKG/ECG adjunct instructors are responsible for teaching students in both classroom and hands-on lab settings, ensuring that they gain the knowledge and skills that are required for entry-level employment in preforming EKG/ECG in various medical settings. EKG/ECG adjunct instructors will utilize sound educational practices towards the skills development of all program student. EKG/ECG adjunct instructors manage their classroom and lab environments and promote a positive and engaging learning experience, provide support, tutoring and other assistance as needed. EKG/ECG adjunct instructors are to model the professional behaviors, language, and activities expected of all students.
Examples of Duties:
- Implement the philosophy, mission, program and course learning outcomes, established curriculum, policies and practices of RCGC and division and directives of EKG/ECG credentialing agency.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the EKG/ECG professional proficiencies for practice.
- Demonstrate evidence of professional growth and academic currency.
- Provide teaching and instruction for CCMA and EKG/ECG courses as assigned.
- Plan and organize instruction to maximize student learning.
- Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to promote learning.
- Model professional behaviors, language, and activities expected of all RCGC and program students
- Demonstrate sensitivity to student learning needs and life circumstances.
- Begin class on time in an orderly, organized fashion.
- Meet with students during office hours or by appointment at other reasonable times.
- Develop a method that fairly measures student progress toward course objectives.
- Evaluate student performance fairly and consistently and return student work promptly to promote maximum learning.
- Submit and maintain academic records according to institution policies, guidelines and established due dates.
- Prepare students for clinical practice and industry wide certification.
- Bachelor's Degree [Master's Preferred]
- EKG/ECG Certification preferred
- Medical Assisting: 3-5 years preferred
- EKG/ECG administration and interpretation: 3-5 years preferred
- Teaching experience of 1-3 preferred
REQUIRED LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION:
- Certified or Registered Medical Assistant
- Registered Nurse preferred