Job Title: Quality Engineer
Job Summary: Responsible for ensuring the
Essential Duties and Requirements of the Job and % of time spent performing them (listed in order of importance):
- Develop and submit PPAP documents for new product lunches to meet customer requirements.
- Verify data collection is correct and records are being maintained per procedure.
- Assume and/or work directly with work with Plant Liaison role for assigned customers.
- Champion 8D process for internal and external concerns for selected customers.
- Verify that Standard Work Instructions are available for the Production Team.
- Customer website / scorecard monitoring for assigned customers.
- Support run at rates and customer events.
- Coordinate sorting and rework at customer facilities.
- Support other QEs as workload dictates.
- Answer quality related questions through escalation process.
- Train / mentor quality inspectors and production operators
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.
- Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure transfer to Production of new products are in accordance with approved data.
- Support the Quality Inspectors to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
- Analyze failure, corrective and preventive action to respond to customer complaints.
- Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during new tool or process design and startup.
- Knowledge of Material Data System
Skills Required to Perform the Essential Duties of the Job:
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- Ability to create Control Plans, FMEAs, Process Flows.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Quality Engineer in the automotive industry.
- Demonstrated understanding of customer PPAP submission requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of GD&T and blueprint reading.
- Thorough knowledge of customer requirements.
- Flexibility to work across shifts.
- Full understanding of Team Problem Solving techniques.
- Internal - Regularly interact with Materials, Quality, Engineering, Sales, and all Manufacturing functions.
- External - Regularly interact with all levels of customers and prospects.
Educational Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- High School Diploma or GED
Physical, Mental and Psychological Requirements to Perform the Essential Duties of the Job:
- Ability to lift 35 pounds repeatedly
- Ability to multi task
Licensing or Other Special Certifications Required:
Core Tools Training Certificates a plus
It is our goal to be considered the best niche production and prototype supplier of stampings and assemblies in North America. We will achieve this through continually improving the effectiveness of our processes and the quality of our products. We measure our success against how safely and efficiently we can deliver our customers the highest quality products and services on time.
It is our goal to remain a committed partner within our community. We will achieve this through meeting all applicable requirements and regulations, looking for opportunities to reduce our impact to the environment, preventing pollution, and actively pursuing relationships with local charitable, governmental, and developmental organizations.
Tue, 25 Jul 2017 09:03:21 PDT