Director of Development
Director of Development for the College of Engineering and Computer Science
General Position Summary:
The University of Chattanooga Foundation, Inc., is seeking a Director of Development for the University of Tennessee Chattanooga (UTC) campus to specifically work with the College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS). The Director of Development will direct fundraising for the academic departments within the College of Engineering and Computer Science focusing on identifying prospects for major and planned gifts of $25,000 or higher from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
This position is not supervisory in nature.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects making outright and deferred gifts to CECS.
- Collaboration with the Dean and Department Heads of CECS to create and leverage existing priorities and vision to create fundraising outcomes.
- Continue cultivation and stewardship of current donors
- Each year have 200+ face to face visits with donors, alumni, and prospects of CECS.
- Submit 24+ proposals at the $25k or higher level to UTC’s CECS donors and prospects.
- Complete 50 discovery visits with alumni and prospects of CECS.
- Work effectively as part of the Development and Alumni Affairs team at the UC Foundation. Maintains current and accurate records of donor prospects in Advance. On a daily basis, enter contact reports of all visits, significant phone conversations, gift solicitations and other communications with donors.
- The Director of Development will coordinate annual giving efforts with UTC annual giving staff on behalf of the College of Engineering and Computer Science.
- Partners with, and effectively utilizes, the development professionals and resources of the Development and Alumni Offices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Perform duties independently. Identify parties interested in charitable giving. Position requires building trust with donors and members of the Development and Alumni Office.
This position requires face to face, telephone, and email contact with Development and Alumni colleagues, members of the university community, donors, prospects, and professional advisors. Many communications are confidential.
A bachelor degree is required with four years or more in a higher education environment, fund raising, sales or a related area. External positions related to development such as alumni affairs, sales, fundraising for a non-profit, or financial planning will be recognized. Strong interpersonal, communications, and organizational skills are required. Microsoft Office proficiency is required.
- Experience and demonstrated success in a higher education development operation.
- Demonstrated ability to close gifts of $25k and greater.
- Willingness and ability to travel to see donors and prospects.
- This position will be required to work some evenings and weekends to attend CECS and UC Foundation meetings and events.
In addition to the information submitted through the application system profile, please include a cover letter and resume in order to be considered for candidacy. Please follow the link below and use keyword 17000000XL to apply to this position.
The University of Chattanooga Foundation, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.