Visiting Assistant Director, Research & Analysis - Office of Corporate Relations (A1700453)
VISITING ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS
Office of Corporate Relations (OCR)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has a unique breadth of research expertise, with world-renowned strengths in the arts, agriculture, business, the humanities, and the social sciences, as well as top-ranked programs in the natural sciences and engineering. Many of the technologies that enabled the modern electronic era were developed at the U of I, and year in and year out, we are among the top universities in NSF-funded research and development expenditures. Today, we're building on that tradition, working to address society's most pressing problems by doing what we do best-interdisciplinary research that drives positive change in our communities, our state, our nation, and the world.
The Office of Corporate Relations connects clients with the resources you need to be successful in a rapidly changing business environment. Illinois is consistently ranked among the top public research universities in the country. We are home to over 30,000 undergraduate students, 12,000 graduate students, and 6,500 faculty and staff, making the possibilities for engagement at Illinois endless.
Whether clients are looking to recruit employees from one of the most talented pools of graduates in the nation or want to collaborate with innovative scientists and researchers who constantly push the boundaries of knowledge, the Office of Corporate Relations is positioned to match those needs with the expertise of Illinois.
Primary Position Function/Summary: Provide research and analysis support for the Office of Corporate Relations (OCR) and internal and external partners. This role will provide strategic research for OCR staff working with corporate partners and prospective partners.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and analyze the existing portfolio of corporate relationships to maximize overall research, philanthropy and student engagement opportunities with corporate partners and prospects.
- Conduct targeted research for senior OCR staff for corporate visits, stewardship and prospecting.
- Develop a strong and robust methodology for conducting research on companies such that subsequent requests are repeatable and efficient.
- Prepare timely research reports and presentation materials to guide strategy and proposal development based on requests for information from OCR senior professional staff and unit level corporate relations officers.
- Research will include company profile development, industry trend analysis, and summary of current campus engagements.
- Identify key external stakeholders with a strong Illinois affiliation at each corporation.
- Collaborate with academic unit level corporate relations and development officers to determine areas of greatest opportunity and need.
- Develop industry trends and analysis to share internally to assist corporate relations personnel across campus, especially in their strategy planning process.
- Actively search and data mine for relevant company activity of existing corporate partners as well as prospects. This activity will closely tie with the Assistant Director who will focus on marketing and communications.
- Work closely with OCR senior professional staff on various corporate engagement activities as needed.
- Implement Customer Relationship Management (CRM) program. Other related duties as assigned to further the mission of the unit.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Education: Required: Bachelor's degree; preferably in Marketing, Finance, Management, Business, or related field of study. Alternate degree fields will be considered/accepted depending on the nature and depth of the experience as it relates to this position. Preferred: Master's degree in Marketing, Business, or related field. Alternate degree fields will be considered/accepted depending on the nature and depth of the experience as it relates to this position.
Experience: Required: A minimum of 2 years of experience and a proven track record with developing successful business research, analysis and relevant reports. Conducting research from secondary resources. Experience using enterprise information systems (such as Blackbaud, Salesforce, etc.). Preferred: Work experience in a higher education environment.
Knowledge Requirements: Required: Excellent strategic planning skills. Conducting research from external and secondary resources, data mining & analysis. Effective leadership, communication, team-focused, organizational and personal relations skills, including a comfort level interacting with various constituents within an organization at all levels. Must apply creative thinking about possible trails to follow for prospect information. Must be curious, focused, and persistent in pursuing threads of information, and should be capable of interpreting complex documents, including corporate proxy statements and insider stock filings. Also should possess superior communication, organizational, project management, writing, and analytical skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
Salary: $60,000 to $70,000 per year, commensurate with experience and skills.
Benefits: Generous vacation and sick leave. State Universities Retirement System. Group health, dental, vision and life insurance.
This is a visiting, academic professional, full-time, 12-month position renewed annually pending continued funding and progress within the position. The estimated starting date is on or after September 16, 2017. This position may become permanent at a later date.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Upon acceptance of a contingent offer, educational transcripts or copy of diploma will be required.
For full consideration, applications must be received by August 31, 2017. To apply, all candidates must submit an online profile through https://jobs.illinois.edu by the close of the posting period. Qualified candidates must upload a letter detailing qualifications noted above, curriculum vitae or resume', and a working e-mail address. Online application will require names and contact information for three professional references. All requested information must be submitted by the closing date for your application to be considered. Incomplete information will not be reviewed.
For further information please contact Erica Hanson, Human Resources, Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research, 217-333-6897 or email@example.com.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Visiting Assistant Director, Research & Analysis - Office of Corporate Relations (A1700453)
Open Date: 07/25/2017
Close Date: 08/31/2017
Organization Name: Office of Corporate Relations