WARDS NURSING SUPERVISOR
Duties: * Manage a growing staff of credentialed veterinary technicians and VTS specialists.
* Co-manage rotating CVT's with the ICU nursing supervisor.
* Active, on the floor, supervisor with % of time off floor for administrative duties.
* Schedule may be varied, depending on the needs of the service.
* Provide vision and leadership for the service.
* Recruit competent staff to meet operational needs of the hospital.
* Properly orient staff to their roles, accountabilities and performance measures.
* Promote positive employee relations and team work.
* Develop a talent management plan for current and future staff.
* Promote career development of your staff.
* Clearly define work expectations.
* Address performance issues immediately and directly, as well as conduct annual performance appraisals.
* Collaborate with other supervisors, clinicians and administration to improve patient care and customer service.
* Collaborate with other services and clinicians to create policies and procedures relating to the operation of the Wards.
* Ensure coverage for 24/7 operation, including sharing on call responsibilities with the staff and assistant supervisor.
* Charge capture
* Payroll submission
Qualifications: Associate's Degree or two year college equivalent and 8+years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Certified/licensed/registered veterinary technician or eligible to sit for the VTNE within the next 3 months required.
Reference Number: 58-26414
Salary Grade: 027
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Ryan Veterinary Hospital
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: J-Technical/Professional Medicine/Health