Teaching Assistant - Youth Program part-time
The Youth Program Teacher Assistant supports instructors in the classroom as they teach programming classes to kids and teens. This role is responsible for supporting the delivery of the curriculum, providing classroom management support, and one-on-one and small group instruction.
- Instructional and classroom management support of the instructor
- Complete classroom management training
- Provide small group and individualized instruction when needed.
- Be an active advocate for the program and the schools
- AA degree required or the successful completion of a coding boot camp or certified training.
- 3 months experience as a front-end developer OR equivalent experience.
- Experience working with youth (i.e. advising, mentoring, tutoring, babysitting, etc.)
- Strong communication skills
- Must enjoy working with kids and teens and enthusiastically engage the students.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.