Teaching Assistant - Youth Program part-time
The Youth Program Teacher Assistant supports instructors in the classroom as they teach programming classes to kids and teens. This role is responsible for supporting the delivery of the curriculum, providing classroom management support, and one-on-one and small group instruction.
- Instructional and classroom management support of the instructor
- Complete classroom management training
- Provide small group and individualized instruction when needed.
- Be an active advocate for the program and the schools
- AA degree required or the successful completion of a coding boot camp or certified training.
- 3 months experience as a front-end developer OR equivalent experience.
- Experience working with youth (i.e. advising, mentoring, tutoring, babysitting, etc.)
- Strong communication skills
- Must enjoy working with kids and teens and enthusiastically engage the students.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.
In an effort to better understand how well we work with the job seekers who visit our career site and apply to our positions, we are participating in the 2017 Candidate Experience Awards and Benchmark Program. We invite you to share your experience via the third-party survey link below. Your answers will be confidential and only shared with us anonymously. No contact information will be collected and you will not be revealed to the company nor sold by the third-party.