University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
Data Science to Patient Value (D2V) (cuD2V.org) is a multidisciplinary research initiative that focuses on the development, implementation, and dissemination of person-centered, high value health care through innovations in data and health systems science. D2V accomplishes this by creating an environment of collaboration and innovation in which the top minds in Data Science, Health Care Delivery and Health Services Research tackle important problems. D2V places a high priority on translation and dissemination ensuring the 'products,' be they analytic methods or care pathways, have maximal impact.
D2V has an opening for a full-time Recruitment Professional Research Assistant (PRA). This position is responsible for supporting study recruitment efforts of D2V Project Managers. Competitive candidates will be outgoing, detail-oriented, innately curious, highly motivated to excel in a dynamic team environment, and have practical experience in a clinical study environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The main responsibility of the position will be the identification, recruitment and retention of prospective study participants for the D2V's research studies. Duties will include executing recruitment and data collection plans for each study: identifying, screening, and consenting eligible patients, scheduling participant contacts, and administering surveys in baseline and follow-up visits.
Duties may include:
- Assisting with creating and managing recruitment plans with Project Managers and PIs for all enrolling studies.
- Drafting study advertisements as needed.
- Using EPIC to identify potential participants.
- Prescreening prospective study participants via phone or in person.
- Interacting with prospective study participants to educate them on clinical research opportunities.
- Educating and working with clinic staff on enrolling studies and identifying patients.
- Performing informed consent process with patients.
- Managing documents related to human subject's research.
- Backing up study coordinators as needed.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- Comfortable approaching and interacting with people who may be experiencing serious illness.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable working with various stakeholders, including patients and caregivers, clinicians, academics, and analysts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Ability to problem-solve unexpected and novel technical and logistical challenges associated with complex projects.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and collaboratively as an integral member of various teams.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Up to 1 year of experience working in research setting, including recruiting participants.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please confirm all documents were uploaded correctly.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10373
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20209 - SOM-MED-GIM
Posting Date: Jul 25, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Celsey Duritsa
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00736009