College Research Officer
College Research Officer
Research Analyst III
Education-Dean's Off - 132100
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
College of Education is organized into four departments: Counseling and Higher Education, Educational Psychology, Kinesiology, Health Promotion, and Recreation and Teacher Education and Administration. Also, the Kristin Farmer Autism Center is housed in the College.
In the College of Education we contribute to the advancement of education, health, and human development. We study people?how children and adults learn, how teachers teach, how educational leaders lead, how to evaluate and improve programs, how to counsel those in need, how to serve our schools and communities, how to promote well-being. We serve the public by helping them live happier, healthier, and more productive lives.
The Education-Dean's Office at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Research Analyst III- College Research Officer to join our team.
The Research Analyst position provides critical administrative services to faculty within the college as they develop and conduct externally funded research and sponsored projects. This position works with faculty to manage the account projects especially financial aspects of sponsored projects. The Research Analyst supports the Budget Officer in developing tracking mechanisms, standard operating procedures, and various ad hoc reporting; works closely with the Grants and Contracts Office in the sponsored project process.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Maintain up-to-date UNT policies and procedures as well as sponsor, state, and federal regulations governing submissions of proposals for external funding. Interpret, explain, and assist UNT researchers and their proposals in adhering to these regulations. Serve as the college representative as needed in meetings related to research issues.
* Assist PI's and DRC's from various departments within the college in preparation of forms, budgets and justifications for proposals and awards.
* Track budgets, expenses, encumbrances on a regular basis to insure accuracy.
* Review and approve payroll, purchase orders, subcontract invoices, wage agreements (hourly, assistantships, etc), travel, employee reimbursements, tuition waivers, and other payment forms to charge expenses to awards from the various departments within the college.
* Develops a variety of ad hoc internal reports needed by the deans, chairs, and PIs by gathering complex data from various sources to support strategic planning and decision making.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in business administration, accounting, finance, auditing, public administration, or related field and four years professional business administration work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
The preferred candidate will additionally possess research administration work experience, organizational skills, time management, customer-service oriented attitude, supervisory experience, proficiency with budget development, accounting, and auditing skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants
* Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting