JOB NO.: 91409-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Accounting, Finance, Purchasing, Grant, Research, Contract Management
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 91409-AS
Working Title: Grant Accountant
Official Title: SR ACCOUNTANT(R10BN) or ACCOUNTANT(R10DN) or ASSOC ACCOUNTANT(R10FN)
Hiring Department: A340270-VCRGE/ADMIN/RSP
Anticipated Begin Date: AUGUST 28, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $55,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's Degree in Business is strongly preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
2. Ability to think critically.
3. Independent decision making.
4. Comfortable in complex electronic systems.
5. An attention to detail.
6. A strong customer service mentality.
7. Knowledge of governmental cost accounting practices and principles.
8. Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
9. Knowledge of computer applications, automated data analysis and data entry techniques.
10. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
11. Knowledge of, or ability to learn, University, State, Federal and/or Nonfederal rules and regulations related to sponsored programs.
12. UW System or other educational institute grants manage experience preferred.
13. Ability to create, interpret, and analyze financial reports.
14. Ability to work collaboratively among unique groups with varying interests.
Prefix assignment determined by years of relevant work experience.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison's Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (RSP) is responsible for administration of the extramural research grants and contracts to the University of Wisconsin-Madison. RSP currently manages an open portfolio of over $4 Billion with annual awards over $1 Billion. The duties and responsibilities of this research administration position include the financial administration and accounting of the grants and contracts awarded to the University of Wisconsin - Madison by Federal and non-Federal sources.
Instructions to applicants:
To be considered, applications must be submitted online. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to start the application process.
Your resume or cover letter should include all relevant work experience, specifically your experience maintaining effective working relationships, interpreting governmental cost accounting practices and working with sponsored programs.
Salary will be determined based on skills and experience.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 25 Jul 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 22 Aug 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time