Infrastructure & Security - 370013
The Information Security Office forms part of Information Technology Services dedicated to providing services for the campus central computing facility, networks, servers, security cameras, data storage, backup, and network security. They maintain and deploy state of the art technologies with the highest level of services that enhance the institution's ability to continue its pursuit of excellence for students, faculty, and staff.
The Infrastructure and Security Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Senior Systems Analyst to join our team.
The Senior Systems Analyst is tasked with analyzing science, engineering, business, and other data processing problems to implement and improve computer systems. In addition, this position analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially available software. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Information security administration and compliance duties.
* Management of enterprise antivirus solution for UNTHSC.
* Management of all internal/external security vulnerability assessment activities (software/hardware/process).
* Responsibility for generating information security related metrics on a monthly/yearly basis.
* Responsibility for participating in projects in a security advisory role and performing routine security evaluations of new software solutions.
* Management of implementation and management of enterprise web content filtering system.
* Enforce the security policy by utilizing all aspects the network including hardware and software security mechanisms and controls.
* Responsibility for creating and delivering Security Awareness Training content to the Institution as part of the established Security Program.
* Responsibility for management of enterprise level network and server monitoring solution (preemptive alerts when any given IT service is not available).
* Perform accounts administration related functions and participate as a member of the accounts administration team.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree and four (4) years related experience; or Equivalent Combination of education and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Senior Systems Analyst
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled