Associate Dean for Research and Planning, College of Fine Arts
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 07-25-2017
The Associate Dean for Research and Planning leads and supports implementation of strategic planning for the College of Fine Arts schools and programs. He/she participates on the Provost's budget and facilities planning committees. As the primary liaison for research and graduate studies in the College, he/she works with faculty and staff to identify grant and funding opportunities, and assists with the grant application process. He /she facilitates travel, teaching, research, and service awards in the College.
1. Current employment at Illinois State University
2. Earned terminal degree in one of the disciplines offered within the Illinois State University College of Fine Arts.
3. Successful administrative experience at the university level, including the management of budgets, facilities, assessment, and strategic planning.
4. Experience identifying research and creative activity funding opportunities and facilitating grant awards.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, intellectual curiosity, and a documented commitment to shared governance.
6. A demonstrated knowledge and understanding of contemporary issues in the fine arts.
7. Successful experience in community engagement and outreach.
8. A commitment to research, excellence in teaching, and professional service as University priorities.
9. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.