Executive Operations Assistant
Salary: $48,800 - $60,700
Title: Executive Operations Assistant
Department: C&C Associate Vice Chancellor
Date Posted: 07/25/2017
Position Information: The Executive Operations Assistant for Information Technology Solutions (ITS) will provide critical executive level support to the Associate Vice Chancellor and Chief Information Officer (CIO) on a wide range of issues, projects and sensitive matters. Administrative support duties will include, but are not limited to, proofreading, editing and formatting documents and correspondence, calendar and meeting management, scheduling of conference rooms, etc. He/she will also provide support to the CIO's direct reports (6) with regards to large meeting coordination. This position also provides organization-wide support to all of ITS with travel planning, arrangements and reimbursement processing. The Executive Operations Assistant will manage ITS cell phone accounts and process cell phone invoices and work collaboratively with the ITS Communications Coordinator on the ITS Employee Wellness & Recognition Program, monthly ITS All-Hands meetings and other projects and events in support of ITS. In most daily interactions, the Executive Operations Assistant will converse with senior level administration and their support staff to complete tasks in accordance with UCR policy and practice.
Minimum Requirements: Strong skills in analyses and complex problem-solving.
Ability to use high-level discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Advising and counseling skills.
Ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
Strong service orientation.
Strong skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, faculty, alumni/donors, students and external constituencies; both verbally and in writing.
Political acumen and sensitivities to the differing perspectives and political circumstances within all levels of the organization as well as the Office of the President and external constituencies
Ability to proactively anticipate issues and actively seek solutions to resolve problems.
Preferred Qualifications: Familiarity with the organization's processes, protocols and procedures.
Knowledge of federal regulations such as FERPA.
Thorough knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
Demonstrated knowledge of UCR's Procard and Travel policies and procedures.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview