FULL-TIME LECTURER IN NUTRITIONAL SCIENCES, Sargent College (9775/D1817)
FULL-TIME LECTURER IN NUTRITIONAL SCIENCES, Sargent College, College of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences
Boston University College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences: Sargent College invites applications for a full-time Lecturer (non-tenure track) position in Nutrition in the Department of Health Sciences. The position will start in Fall 2017. We are looking for a colleague who will help us to continue building on the College’s tradition of excellence.
Lecturers at Boston University are expected to teach undergraduate and graduate students and participate in service. This specific position has some administrative responsibilities to support the Program Directors in Nutrition and to lead strategic initiatives that will increase the marketability of our graduate nutrition programs. A successful candidate will have an established career as a nutrition professional and demonstrated skills in classroom instruction at the college/university level.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) credential with a minimum of five years experience in clinical practice is required
- A minimum education of a Master’s Degree in Nutrition (or closely related field) is required
- A doctoral degree (PhD, ScD, DrPH or equivalent) is desirable but not required
- Teaching experience at the college/university level is required
- Strong communication skills and an administrative skill set that includes the ability to work efficiently with Microsoft Office, social media platforms and other on-line tools is required
The Department of Health Sciences is part of a vibrant Boston University academic and research community that includes 17 schools and colleges across the Charles River and Medical campuses, including the Boston University School of Public Health as well as many other highly regarded medical and educational institutions in the Boston area that allow for collaborative and interdisciplinary activities. We invite you to join our interdisciplinary faculty and become involved with our network of collaborations within Boston University and the greater Boston community.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.