Tiered Child Case Management Project Manager
Functional Title Tiered Child Case Management Project Manager
Position Type Staff
The Project Manager manages the overall scope of work for the pilot program. The PM will work closely with other NC DMH/DD/SAS Child Team members, LME-MCOs, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure timeframes are met and outputs are delivered. The PM identifies implementation barriers as they arise and works with the state team to find timely solutions. Position is based in Raleigh.
State Office (50%)
- Oversees the development of the training plan for all tiers of case management/care coordination.
- Develops and monitors scope of work and facilitates contracts for all training vendors.
- Convenes application review committee and facilitates review of applications for additional sites in FY18.
- Develops allocation letter(s) for selected LME- MCO with scope of work and timelines.
- Monitors evaluation contract to ensure tracking of 1) outcomes, 2) system changes, and 3) return on investment and the development of accessible progress reports.
- Elicits assistance from state level agencies when local teams face challenges in coordinating care that cannot be resolved on the local level.
- Prepare for scaling up with additional sites by revising protocols, procedures, and training based on continuous quality improvement process.
On-Site Work (30%)
- Convenes local work group (or connects with existing group) of LME-MCO, provider, juvenile justice, and social services to collect or review baseline data on flow of young people through both juvenile justice and child welfare systems. This work group will develop/revise protocols to improve flow of children through the system and work through challenges through a continuous quality improvement process.
- Consults with implementation science experts and assists local team to use implementation science to support the pilot.
- Supports local team in sharing successes and needs of pilot project with local cross-systems groups.
- Coordinates with LME-MCO for training space and other logistics for the training.
- Works with the Center for Child and Family Health to develop training and certification process for supervisors on trauma informed assessments.
- Works with Center for Child and Family Health as they convene an expert panel to develop protocol and training plan for assessments for youth with problematic sexual behavior.
- Coordinates with DMH/DD/SAS and DMA staff in the development of a wraparound service definition.
- Coordinates with DMH/DD/SAS staff to connect training and technical assistance resources to other DMH/DD/SAS initiatives as is feasible and relevant without compromising this pilot project's success.
- Coordinates with Wraparound Implementation Specialists to support training and certification of wraparound team.
Education: Master's degree in Social Work, Human Services, Public Health, or a related field of expertise.
Experience: Three (3) years of related experience working in behavioral health, public health, or related human service field with at least two (2) years' experience of overall responsibility for project management, coordination, and implementation.
Tenure Status N/A
Special Instructions to Applicants
Position is based in Raleigh.
Recruitment Range Commensurate with experience
Org #-Department Center-Youth, Families & Community - 11504
Job Open Date 07/25/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? Yes
Time Limited Duration
Through 6/30/18 with probable renewal
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu