Senior Director, Business Affairs
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Financial Affairs, the Sr. Director of Business Affairs is responsible for procurement services, risk management, insurance, and oversight of auxiliary agreements and activities. The Sr. Director will partner with departments throughout the University to evaluate business terms and implement best practices to serve the University. This is a highly visible role, therefore the proven ability to cultivate and maintain relationships is essential.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leads an established office in procurement functions, providing oversight and implementing best practices to sourcing, purchasing, bidding, and contract negotiations.
- Partners with departments across campus to understand and evaluate University operational activities and identify risk management and insurance needs to mitigate risk.
- Works closely with insurance advisor, legal affairs office and departments throughout campus to oversee risk management programs and implement best practices to reduce risk and mitigate loss.
- Manages the University’s insurance programs including oversight of the renewal process for all property, liability and worker’s compensation insurance policies.
- Maintains strong relationships with broker, insurance carriers and industry resources to minimize costs and enhance service to the University.
- Works with departments in identifying opportunities to reduce costs and enhance service.
- Provides oversight to auxiliary agreements, working with departments throughout campus to generate revenue.
- Provides review and analysis of business terms for agreements and auxiliary activities to include food service, bookstore and licensing of facilities.
- Develops and implements best practices while ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, University policies and internal control measures.
- Supervisory responsibility for team of 3.
- Performs other business affairs responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in related field highly preferred. Minimum of 7-10 years’ related experience required, preferably in higher education. Relevant experience in procurement, insurance and risk management. Prior management experience in vendor/supplier management. Demonstrated success building relationships with a proven ability to negotiate and partner with the campus community. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, including interfacing with senior management. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential. Proficiency with financial systems required, as well as Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience with Banner or similar ERP platform preferred.
For consideration, please e-mail a cover letter and resume, including salary history to:
Office of the Vice President for Financial Affairs
Please indicate "Senior Director, Business Affairs" in the subject of the email.
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
Apply for Senior Director, Business Affairs
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly