Assistant Director of Recruitment
Assistant Director of Recruitment
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
Willamette University is accepting applications for Assistant Director of Recruitment for the Atkinson School of Management.
The Assistant Director of Recruitment is responsible for lead and application generation, as well as inquiry management in the Early Career and Career Change and MBA for Professionals programs at the Atkinson Graduate School of Management. Serving as an admissions recruiter and counselor, this position is responsible identifying, contacting, and maintaining relationships with prospective students from the point of inquiry through matriculation. In addition, this individual maintains application files and inquiry records, plans on-campus and off-campus programs, and conducts business outreach, which includes participation in networking events, sponsorships, professional association meetings, and conferences. This position works collaboratively with the Director of Recruitment EC/CC and the Director of Admissions EC/CC, as well as part-time with the MBA for Professionals Admission team to meet enrollment goals. This position is based in Salem, Oregon.
This position is enrollment-driven and student-focused. It involves a regular, cyclical schedule and applications deadlines with uncommon opportunities for extended breaks or absences. Its responsibilities are varied and will require a flexible schedule to accommodate required work on some evenings and weekends.
Networking, relationship management, and lead generation are among the core responsibilities of this position. Effective candidates will be required to frequently communicate with students, faculty, staff, alumni, and other external audiences. Strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, professional comportment, and team-orientation are essential for success. Program planning and management experience will also be utilized.
The candidate will be required to operate alone on routine work and assignments. Effective implementation and knowledge of trained procedures will be required. Moreover, the candidate will be responsible for efficient use of time, learning and utilizing specialized software, and University policies and procedures. Ethical behavior and strong professional judgment must be routinely demonstrated.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Serves as the first point of contact for prospective MBA students by providing program, application, and admission information through mailings, electronic communications, telephone calls, social media sites, and personal correspondence.
2. Generates prospective student interest and leads through on-campus and off-campus recruitment activities, including informational presentations, one-on-one meetings, receptions, business forums, employment and career fairs, company site visits, and participation in business associations and organizations.
3. Plans and executes recruitment programs and events.
4. Coordinates and manages prospective student class visits.
5. Assists with managing communication workflow related to recruitment and yield activities.
6. Works with the Director of Marketing to develop web and media content, including recruitment publications and correspondence. Maintains and manages publication inventory.
7. Inputs and maintains CRM records for prospective and currents students, employers, and alumni.
8. Monitors application outputs, changes, and trends. Reports lead generation activities on a weekly basis.
9. Demonstrates functional knowledge and understanding of financial aid and scholarship application processes.
10. Exercises exceptional professional judgment and ethical behavior in interactions with prospective students and community members.
11. Protects and properly utilizes University resources and monies.
12. Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation and direction. Proactively addresses and reports issues, problems, and inconsistencies in recruitment and admission processes.
13. Creates and maintains a strong and active professional network.
1. Creates and manages application files. Collects required credentials and application materials from prospective students and catalogs their receipt. Frequently monitors individual student progress and attrition throughout the application process.
2. Manages and routinely updates and maintains records in DataTel and Enrollment Rx, Willamette University's student information systems.
3. Regularly communicates with prospective students regarding their application status.
4. Drafts application summaries and reports.
5. Works closely with the Director of Recruitment and Director of Admission to ensure a high-level of service to prospective students.
6. Strongly demonstrates the ability to work with confidential information. Ensures and safeguards University compliance with Federal laws and statutes pertaining to student records.
7. Works with prospective students and Director of Admission to gather required information and documentation related to transfer credit articulation.
1. Updates student files and electronic records after admission.
2. Coordinates with University departments—Financial Aid, Health Center, Registrar's Office, Student Accounts, etc.—to ensure timely receipt of required information and documentation for admitted students.
3. Assists with the planning, organization, and execution of new student orientation programs and Career Connections Conference throughout the year.
1. Participates actively as a member of the Atkinson Graduate School of Management admission team. Makes positive contributions to discussions related to recruitment, admission, student enrollment, and departmental budgets.
2. Assists and supports the recruitment activities of any Atkinson Graduate School of Management program as assigned.
3. Protects confidential information in interactions with faculty, students, staff, alumni, donors, and any other unauthorized person or group.
4. Works with the Director of Marketing Communication to develop and refine marketing and communications campaigns designed to drive demand and lead generation for the Early Career and Career Change MBA program. Helps identify, coordinate and execute communications needs throughout the recruitment and admissions pipeline, with a focus on consistency and effectiveness in messaging.
Performs other duties as assigned.
1. BA, BS, or BBA required; MBA from an AACSB accredited institution preferred. MBA from an AACSB accredited institution preferred.
2. Two or more years of knowledge of, and/or experience with, personal selling, integrated marketing communication strategy, enrollment management, college admissions, and management education working in an admission operations, marketing, public relations or other related fields. Note: Three or more years' of experience working in an admission operations, marketing, public relations or other related fields is required for consideration for an Assistant Director Appointment.
3. Strong computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Windows, Microsoft Publisher and experience with data entry for computerized information systems. Experience editing and maintaining web pages. Willingness and ability to learn new technologies associated with the job.
4. Ability to accurately input, maintain, collect and monitor database information and hard copy files.
5. Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to interpret and explain policies, procedures, and programs to a broad constituency.
6. Strong organizational, time management, event planning, and effectively manage multiple projects and tasks in an effective manner consistent with all Atkinson School and University policies and procedures.
7. Ability to exercise discretion, maintain confidentiality make independent, sound decisions and utilize good judgment.
8. Ability to work weekends, evenings and travel overnight for extended periods of time. May include regional, national or international destinations where travel by air, car or other modes of transportation may be necessary.
9. Ability to work independently and work collaboratively as a member of a team, as well as establish and maintain harmonious relations with staff, faculty, students, prospective students, alumni and others in a manner that positively portrays the University and its programs, personnel and philosophy.
10. Must possess a current driver's license valid in the state of Oregon or ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire and a driving record insurable by the University's insurer.
11. Successful clearance of a criminal conviction record check.
To learn more about the Atkinson Graduate School of Management, visit https://willamette.edu/agsm/
This is a full-time, year-round position. This position is eligible for the University's generous benefits package.
You will be asked to submit the following documents as part of your online application materials:
Application Deadline: Open until finalists are selected.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW