Career Management Program Assistant
Career Management Program Assistant
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
The Career Management Program Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for the Willamette MBA program in Salem including prospective students, students, faculty, staff, employers and the public. The Program Assistant is responsible for administrative support for career staff, including data and file management, web page and maintenance, managing job postings, assisting with events, maintaining records, generating reports and research.
This position has a high profile in dealing with students, administrators, faculty, employers, alumni, and members of the public. This position requires a high level of organizational, interpersonal and verbal communication skills, professional demeanor, and a team orientation to ensure good student, staff, employer and alumni relationships and a positive public perception.
Career Data Management and Clerical Support:
1. High school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
2. Minimum of three to four years of general office experience of a progressively responsible nature or sales support, part of which may be satisfied by education and training. Note: College-level course work may substitute up to two years of the required work experience. Experience working in higher education is preferred.
3. Proficient knowledge of computer word processing, managing information via spreadsheets, databases and online sources. Willingness and ability to learn new technologies associated with the job. Experience editing and maintaining web pages preferred (WebEdit).
4. Must possess a positive and pleasant attitude, high degree of professionalism and be customer service oriented; establish and maintain harmonious relations with staff, faculty, employers, students, and guests of the university.
5. Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to work on routine tasks, detail oriented, ability to set priorities and meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions are required.
6. Dependable, consistent attendance and team oriented.
7. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
8. Excellent interpersonal skills are required with an ability to effectively interact with a culturally diverse population of students.
9. Takes initiative, is self-motivated, and proactive, asks questions when appropriate and follows through with communications and assignments. Willingness to take on routine tasks concurrent with ability to accept complete responsibility for projects and work independently.
10. Must possess excellent skills in composition, spelling, English usage and punctuation.
11. Ability to: exercise discretion, maintain confidentiality make independent, sound decisions and utilize good judgment.
12. This position is subject to a criminal conviction record check.
1. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
2. Experience editing and maintaining web pages preferred (WebEdit).
3. Experience working in higher education is preferred.
As part of your online application, you will be asked to submit the following documents:
Application deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and will close once finalists are selected.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW