Assistant to the Dean - Technical Craft Specialist A
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an Assistant to the Dean - Technical Craft Specialist A position. The Assistant to the Dean - Technical Craft Specialist A provides administrative support to the Dean of Liberal Studies, including organizing and maintaining the Dean's calendar, coordinating the work flow of administrative forms for the Division, and supervising the work of the Division's office administrative assistants. The Technical Craft Specialist A responds to various types of inquiries across College departments and divisions.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Associate's degree with five (5) or more years of relevant work experience; or a High School diploma (or GED equivalent) with at least eight (8) years of relevant work experience required.
• Previous supervisory experience required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Experience with an enterprise-wide information systems required.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills required.
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service and professionalism to internal and external stakeholders (e.g. students, parents, faculty and the general public) in person, via the telephone and email required.
• Detail-oriented with ability to bring tasks and projects to completion required.
• Ability to use independent judgment and maintain confidentiality at all times required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Previous work experience in an academic environment preferred.
• Ellucian Banner preferred.