Lecturer - Physical Therapy
The College of Health Science and Public Health at Eastern Washington University invites applications for an 11-month, Director of Clinical Education (Lecturer level position) in the Department of Physical Therapy anticipated to begin on or before September 1, 2017 (or other date as negotiated).
The Doctor of Physical Therapy program is located at EWU Spokane on the Spokane/Riverpoint Campus. Our mission is to graduate entry-level physical therapists.
The primary role of the Director of Clinical Education (DCE) is to serve as a liaison between the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program, physical therapy students, and clinical education sites. The responsibilities of this position are to continue to develop, plan, coordinate, facilitate, administer, monitor, and measure the results of the clinical education program in coordination with academic and clinical faculty. In this role, the DCE will advocate for doctor of physical therapy students on clinical internships, communicate effectively with students and clinical instructors, and empower students to achieve their highest level of clinical expertise while participating in clinical internships. As a core faculty member, the DCE will participate in scholarship and service activities.
The position is open until July 27th, 2017. Screening will begin the next day. To be assured full consideration, your application must be complete and submitted through the online portal by the screening date located at: https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu. All materials will be held in strictest confidence and references will not be contacted until candidates have been notified.
Contact Dr. Dan Anton, Chair, at email@example.com for questions related to the position.About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
Position needed for 11 months each year. This will be covered under multiple continuous contracts:
- Standard academic year, 9/16/2017 - 6/15/2018
- Early start contract, cover any period of time worked prior to 9/16/2017.
- Summer 2018, term to be determined.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy degree or academic doctorate
- Licensure or eligible for licensure as a Physical Therapist in the State of Washington
- Demonstrated ability to apply a culturally responsive and flexible approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff and the public.
- 3 or more years of clinical practice as a Physical Therapist
- Experience in clinical education of physical therapy students
- Ability to start 9/1/2017 strongly preferred; other start dates will be considered.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organization, technological and leadership skills