Dean of Student Academic Success
REPORTS TO: VICE PRESIDENT FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS AND CAO
STATUS: FULL-TIME, EXEMPT, SALARIED
The dean of student academic success is an integral member of the Academic Affairs team and is responsible for broad collaboration within the College. The primary emphasis of this position is to create and implement programs that will aid in student retention and persistence at Lake Erie College. This includes working with Enrollment Management, Student Life personnel, deans, faculty and other stakeholders to identify ways to support students and retain them through graduation.
- Provides vision and leadership with regard to the development and administration of first-year programming.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the current issues that impact student retention and academic success.
- Collaborates with campus stakeholders to create and implement retention-related programming.
- Coordinates signature co-curricular programs to include Learning Communities.
- Collaborates to collect and interpret data as it relates to retention and persistence.
- Works with academic advisors and other College personnel to resolve student concerns regarding academic and financial aid issues.
- Provides support and guidance to the Academic Learning Center and peer tutoring areas.
- Tracks student feedback and concerns and works to implement meaningful retention, academic success and other co-curricular programs.
- Serves as a contributing member on College committees, as assigned.
- Serves as a liaison between faculty and students.
- In collaboration with the advising staff, works with students who are conditionally admitted or who are placed on academic probation in developing a plan for success and appropriate monitoring mechanisms.
- Coordinates the process with regard to various academic appeals and petitions.
- Makes appropriate referrals for students needing assistance from other campus offices and resources.
- Maintains and develops key assessments and success metrics with regard to academic student success, retention and persistence.
- Other duties as assigned by the vice president for academic affairs.
- PhD in higher education or a field directly related to the job responsibilities.
- A minimum of five years of experience working with students, faculty and administrators in higher education.
- Strong background and current theoretical knowledge in the student success, academic programming and advising fields.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method for applications) or Dean of Student Academic Success Search, Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., LEC Box 358, Painesville, OH 44077. The position will remain open until filled, but applications received up to August 21, 2017, will receive full consideration. Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. Learn more at https://www.lec.edu. EOE