Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Department: Human Resources
Position Status: Temporary/Contract Positions
Process and data enter all Human Resources forms into SCT Banner system. Assist with a wide variety of clerical/administrative support. Knowledge of office systems and procedures and of department's/unit's policies and procedures is required. Answer multi-line phone and greet visitors.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee Human Resources/Payroll front desk (e.g., flow of visitor traffic, visitor follow-up, daily problem solving) and student staff.
• Answers multi-line phone, directs calls to appropriate team member and/or departments
• Greets all visitors, and provides assistance with requests and having them fill out appropriate forms
• Distribute paychecks
• Assists with data entry of inquiry in Banner.
• Opens and distributes mail to team members
• Maintains electronic and paper files
• Performs other job related duties as required or assigned
• 3-5 years previous work experience preferred. Preferably in Human Resources/Payroll
• Strong interpersonal skills, accuracy, and attention to detail are critical
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite required
• Must be comfortable working in a busy environment and balance demands well
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work well with others
• Detail oriented with excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Strong math skills required
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Great Customer Service skills
• Good sense of humor
Posting Date: 07/24/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability. We are looking for individuals who value creativity, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
To apply, visit: https://careers.wpi.edu/postings/4816
WPI, the nation's third oldest private technological university, established in 1865 by New England industrialists John Boynton and Ichabod Washburn consists of 80 acres set in a safe, residential section of Worcester, Massachusetts—the second largest city in New England—home to 13 colleges, and situated 40 miles west of Boston.