Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator (Temp) - Athletics
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The position is responsible for assisting in coordinating the efforts of the Principal Investigator, the Associate Clinical Research Coordinator, each of the APU team athletic trainers, and the team of temporary student research assistants to successfully implement the study protocol in the over 450 varsity athletes at APU.
This position will also be responsible to assist the Sports Medicine Staff as a Certified Athletic Trainer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Athletic Training
- NATABOC Certification
- CPR Certification
- Entry Level Athletic Training
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Lead the recruitment and hiring process for the team of temporary student research assistants.
- Work closely with the Primary Investigator, and the Associate Clinical Research Coordinator to train the team of temporary student research assistants for their role in the study.
- Aid in developing coaching strategies to enhance the athletic performance of student-athletes in the classroom and on the field.
- Assist in coordinating and implementing pre-season baseline data collection as well as data entry and database management.
- Assist in regular communication with the Associate Clinical Research Coordinator and the APU team athletic trainers to coordinate post-injury data collection in concussed study participants per the study's protocol.
- Be the primary clinician responsible for testing of subject after the initial 6-hour injury evaluation, for the designated teams.
- Assist the Sports Medicine Staff as a Certified Athletic Trainer including coverage, travel and healthcare of intercollegiate athletic teams; care, prevention, evaluation, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries, as well as record keeping, administrative duties and operation and maintenance of athletic training facilities as needed.
- Evidence of a strong commitment to an evangelical Christian philosophy and lifestyle
- Sufficient experience to justify coaching, recruiting, compliance, and academic responsibilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of current thinking in areas of conditioning, fitness, sport techniques and strategy, and leadership and program management
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and minister to student athletes
- Ability to work under pressure, exuding a mature demeanor while multi-tasking in a deadline oriented environment with accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team, as well as an independent contributor.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretionary skills in determining when to act independently and when to consult management prior to taking action.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Able to conduct business at other offices on campus.
- Able to lift, bend, grasp, reach, lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
- Pleasant office, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, CARE Concussion Study Portal.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.