Director of Marketing
A mid-sized manufacturer of hair goods is looking for a talented, hard-working, creative individual for the role of a Marketing Director. Based in the South Florida Hollywood area, this position offers significant career runway for the right candidate. The ideal candidate will be a result-focused self-starter with a passion for continuous learning and knowledge share. The ideal candidate will have experience in public relations, client communications, development of copy, composing of press releases, social media management, basic web maintenance, press archives, event planning and some knowledge of graphic design.
Job Summary for the Marketing Director
Develops and manages comprehensive public relations campaigns for an array of beauty business sectors, resulting in extraordinary results and media placements. Oversees the day-to-day public relations and marketing communications strategies for the company. Expands exceptional relationships with key regional, national & international media. Plays a key role in all of the company's social media efforts. Launches digital marketing campaigns and works closely with Sales Director, Creative Director, & Brand Managers to analyze market potential for appropriate campaigns. Communicates directly with beauty publications, bloggers, trade show contacts and news stations to develop thought-out marketing strategies. Understands brand presence and marketing opportunities. Develops press releases, copy for advertisements and social media posts. Provides creative copy writing and best in class creative materials for brands' interactive media and graphic needs. Position has an emphasis in public relations, copy writing, and marketing tools. Handles projects from the ground up and works with multiple brands to deliver quality and innovative campaigns. Must be willing to wear multiple hats and be flexible to do whatever is needed. The position requires superior written and communication skills.
Essential Functions of the Marketing Director
The Director is responsible for all the duties associated with a successful advertising and branding project from conceptualizing ideas through production, including but not limited to:
• Maintaining a consistent brand portfolio and developing innovative concepts that are beauty & fashion oriented.
• Creating and maintaining comprehensive public relations campaigns for the brands.
• Copy writing skills such as press releases, headlines, editorial copy, advertising copy, training material language and social media related texts.
• Screening vendors, publications, bloggers, news stations and resources to make sure they perform up to standards of creative excellence.
• Developing strong and lasting relationships with partners.
• Conducting research and seeking marketing opportunities that are effective.
• Developing and executing assignments including: Press Releases, Package Copy, Branding Development, Digital Content Creation, Point of Sale Merchandising, Digital Media Campaigns, Newsletter Copy, Search Engine Optimization, Email Blasts and more.
• Travel as needed for hair shows, photo and video shoots.
• Communicating expectations and understanding of direction to the creative staff regarding concepts and execution.
Training and Experience Requirements of the Marketing Director
A Bachelor's degree is strongly desired but not necessary based on experience.
• Luxury experience with fashion, beauty or copywriting is strongly preferred.
• Must be proficient in all of the following: Email, Word/Pages, Excel/Numbers, Powerpoint/Keynote.
• Experience with Wordpress, Blogger, Tumblr, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver is a plus
• Must be fluent in English (additional languages are also preferred).
• Significant experience in press release composition, print campaigns, and digital space.
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
• Superior understanding of advertising and marketing principles.
• Superior collaboration skills.
• Superior problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Ability to manage by influence as opposed to direct authority.
• Effective and strong presentation and persuasion skills.
• Demonstrates talent for high-caliber creative concepts and writing.
• Thorough understanding of market and industry.
• Excellent communication, planning, time-management and follow-through skills.
• Experience with some or all of the following software is desired: Adobe Acrobat, GoToMeeting, Skype.
Hallandale Beach, FL
Sun, 16 Jul 2017 07:31:42 PDT