Purchasing Expeditor (F/T), CF3N31832PURCH
Clerical support to the Purchasing Department including expediting services, maintaining and updating vendor databases, processing requisitions, purchase orders and vendor information in electronic procurement. Customer service support for vendors and end users related to items ordered through the Purchasing Department.
Position Title: Purchasing Expeditor (F/T), CF3N31832PURCH
Duties of Position:
- Enter requisitions, purchase orders and process blanket orders into the procurement and financial systems.
- Analyze and resolve problems in the procurement and financial software systems and serve as Purchasing department contact for the COD IT Helpdesk and the procurement system helpdesk.
- Assist end users with procurement system and data entry issues.
- Responsible for the vendor synchronization process between the procurement system and the financial system.
- Provide continuous monitoring of purchase order status and expedite purchase orders by identifying and resolving shipment or vendor related problems.
- Responsible for distribution of ACH vendor payment requirements to all new vendors.
- Assist vendors in registering with the College on-line procurement system.
- Perform the daily purchase order print process. Distribute purchase orders to vendors via US mail, telephone, email and fax to provide expeditious delivery.
- Check and proofread accuracy and completeness of documents, answer questions and explain purchasing policies and procedures to College staff.
- Compose correspondence regarding purchase orders.
- Identification and return of duplicate orders.
- Act as liaison between vendor and end users.
- Train new purchasing staff members in the use of procurement and financial software systems.
- Assist in training new users in the procurement software system.
- Provide continuous update to the Purchasing Manager and user departments on delivery status.
- Assist in creating new vendor records and updating existing vendors.
- Hand type purchase orders when necessary.
- Assist in answering telephones, screening calls and message taking.
- Assist Buyers and Purchasing Assistant in general clerical duties; assume duties in their absence.
- Assist with the sale of surplus property.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Two (2) years general business office work involving customer service, telephone work and typing skill or equivalent. Comfortable utilizing automated computer systems. Proficient in MS Word, Excel and data entry. Proficiency in written and spoken English.
High school diploma. Completion of one high school level course each in typing, office practice, and business math or equivalent.
Two (2) years as a purchasing clerk.
Two (2) years college.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Personal computer, multi-line telephone, Fax, calculator, copy and scanning equipment.
General office environment. Must be able to lift boxes up to 25 lbs. Hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm .
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Business Affairs - BUSAF
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt