Mechanical Designer/ CAD Draftsman
What we do:
Turbotron specializes in manufacturing, repairing, and supporting automation equipment for high volume applications in the automotive, building materials, and general industrial markets.
Our shop capabilities include CNC and manual machining, precision welding, high speed balancing, and product engineering. We strive to be a solutions company that partners with our customers to identify and deliver cost saving opportunities within the manufacturing environment.
We are growing and currently seeking a well-qualified Mechanical Designer with Solidworks experience to develop solutions using standard industry best practices and principles for product design. The ideal candidate will have experience with machinery and mechanical components.
- Create detail / assembly drawings and design tooling for die forming / cutting
- Assess manufacturability
- Coordinate with CNC programming and Manufacturing Dept. to produce parts
- Dimensioning and tolerancing
- Communicate effectively with Programmers, QA, and vendors regarding new and revised drawings
- Must be proficient with Solidworks software (2016, a plus)
- Proficiency in other CAD software a plus
- Experienced in CNC machining / programming a plus
- Quality experience a plus - being able to set up, program, or operate a variety of inspection tools and equipment (comparator, CMM, vision equipment).
- Competitive wages
- Paid Holidays
To apply for this position, please attach resume or work history.
**Full time or Part time/Contractor work available
We are a low volume, specialty machine shop that manufactures and builds precision rotating assemblies for automated production equipment, primarily in the automotive industry.
We are a small team of skilled and versatile problem solvers who enjoy challenges, collaboration, and the satisfaction of making high quality parts on time.
We work in a climate controlled, clean, and relatively quiet shop.
Sat, 22 Jul 2017 10:40:19 PDT