Brand Ambassador / Social Media Coordinator
SightMD/North Shore Eye/Long Island Eye Surgical Care is a leading group of eye doctor/eye surgeon practices across Long Island, Queens and Manhattan, headquartered in Hauppauge, NY. We offer competitive salary, training, and benefits. By joining our team, you would not only directly impact the success of our business but also help expand one of the fastest growing areas of our company.
SightMD is looking for a Social Media Coordinator who will focus on generating engaging content, community management and social/content marketing for its core business; Ophthalmology, Eye Surgery (Lasik/Cataract), Hearing Care and Cosmetics. We engage across a number of social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google +, Snapchat, and Instagram, Blog and always expanding. This position will be involved in developing social media, social media programs and helping impact the big picture by overseeing all editorial content, planning and coordination of all social media programs to drive high engagement and drive traffic. This role will assist in gathering and generating content (static, vlogs, videos, etc.), creating schedules and project managing timetables, regular reporting, and working closely with internal partners for accuracy and vertical alignment. This role will also act as a liaison with our Social partners.
This is a very, fast paced environment where fresh, innovative ideas are sought after. The ideal candidate must be reliable, dependable, highly organized, detail oriented and a proactive, independent thinker. Professionalism and refined verbal and written communication abilities are very important. A strong work ethic and the ability to meet deadlines are the keys to success in this position. This position may a good fit a for recent college graduate that has experience related to this position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Maintenance and project management of the social media calendar and output, including scheduling and technical implementation
• Project manage social projects with (creative, ops, legal, customer service, etc.) to make sure projects and winning opportunities are designed to spec and delivered on schedule.
• Create, publish and maintain content for relevance, brand connectivity and vitality
• Engage with the company's audience, respond to comments, address issues presented and drive timely resolution by partnering with appropriate internal departments
• Create and deliver regular reporting (daily, weekly, monthly)
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, Google+, Pinterest, etc.) and how they can be deployed for different brand development
• Must know and follow trends in social media
o Bachelor's Degree in marketing, business or related field is preferred
o Basic understanding of Content Marketing
o Knowledge of social media analytics tools
o Basic to intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills
o Basic knowledge of web analytics tool
o Have a basic knowledge of principles of SEO
o Ability to interact and work with various personalities and a range of management levels internally and externally
o Highly organized
o A health/medical background highly desirable
With a tradition of Eye Care Excellence that spans over 50 years and a state-of-the-art LASIK center, North Shore Eye Care is Long Island's preferred choice for comprehensive eye care.
Mon, 24 Jul 2017 11:27:47 PDT