Program Coordinator - Office of International Education
The Program Coordinator is an entry level position. This position is part of the Office of International Education team and handles both study abroad advising and administrative duties.
Study Abroad Advising
- Manage various study abroad programs at the University of Denver as assigned
- Prepare information about the programs (i.e. academics, housing, student support/services, etc.), reviewing applications, processing several layers of acceptance paperwork, coordinating payment of overseas housing and tuition
- Liaise with each partner program and with students
- Advise students in the selection of appropriate international education opportunities
- Provide orientation and re-entry as needed for students
- Respond appropriately to the needs of students, parents, and faculty members re: study abroad issues
- Process overseas transcripts
- Responsible for all duties relating to study abroad registration, withdrawals, etc
- Work closely with the Registrar department and Financial Aid to ensure proper compliance
- Assist the Director with various reports & surveys, including Open Doors reporting
- Interface with Student Conduct regarding monitoring judicial conduct of study abroad students
- Provide general information to partners and to advisors regarding conduct
- Collect data for STA, including dates for study abroad programs
- Monitor & verify invoicing
- Bachelor's degree in related field (i.e. international education, international business, international/intercultural communications, sociology, etc.)
- Minimum 3 months international study/living experience different from home country
- Minimum of one year professional experience in the study abroad industry at a university level and/or advising university students. Relevant internship experience may be substituted.
- Proficient in Excel and knowledge and skills in various formulas
- Experience working with TerraDotta and Qualtrics
- Professional proficiency in a second language
Application materials must be submitted online no later than 4:00pm on Friday, July 28, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Jessica Lovan at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.