Faculty Support Specialist - Sturm College of Law
The University of Denver Sturm College of Law (Denver Law) is a national leader in experiential legal education, a recognized innovator in legal pedagogy, and the site of multiple nationally recognized programs and centers. Consistent with the University of Denver's IMPACT 2025 strategic plan, Denver Law seeks to elevate the visibility and impact of the institution's scholarship and programs, engage strategically and collaboratively with multiple external constituencies to advance the public good, and magnify the comprehensive strengths of Denver Law and the University of Denver.
Working with a team, each Faculty Support Specialist shares responsibility for providing a high level of clerical, administrative and base-line technical support to faculty members. In doing so, the Faculty Support Specialists support the Sturm College of Law's academic vision and values.
This is a non-benefitted, temporary position.
- Complete general administrative tasks including: creating course materials, formatting recommendation letters, submitting reimbursement requests, reserving space for meetings and events, conducting mail merges, coordinating conference calls, and printing, scanning, faxing, and copying documents.
- Assist professors in their preparations for class by formatting and printing syllabi, collating course packets, clearing copyrights, creating seating charts, and assisting with online components of the class in Canvas and TWEN.
- Ensure grades are accurately reported on time by working with the Office of the Registrar.
- Provide assistance with research, editing, formatting, properly citing, and submitting professors' articles and books.
- Collaborate with other administrative departments in the Sturm College of Law and the University of Denver to coordinate events and conferences by providing support with registration, travel and hotel accommodations, and serving as an initial point of contact for speakers and attendees.
- Serve as first point of contact for technical assistance for faculty members.
- Other duties as assigned by the Faculty Support Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service approach to providing support.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to be self-motivated.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Professionalism and the ability to use discretion with confidential materials.
- Two years college coursework plus at least two years administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
- Bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of legal citation.
- Experience using academic and legal research tools (Westlaw, Lexis/Nexis, HeinOnline).
- Certified Notary Public.
- Previous work in an academic environment supporting programs and/or staff/faculty.
Work ScheduleMonday-Friday; 8:30-5:00 Application Deadline For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm on Monday, July 31, 2017 . Please include the following documents with your application: Resume Cover Letter The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.