Pre-Collegiate/Scholarship Coordinator - The Bridge Project
The Bridge Project is a community outreach program of the University of Denver Graduate School of Social Work that provides educational opportunities for children living in Denver's public housing neighborhoods to facilitate graduation from high school and attend college or learn a trade. The Bridge Project emphasizes education and a holistic view of child development and serves approximately 600 children and youth through after-school, summer and scholarship programs.
The Bridge Project is a program of the University of Denver Graduate School of Social Work that provides a path for youth in Denver's public housing neighborhoods to graduate from high school and go on to attend college or choose a vocation by engaging them in educational opportunities and facilitating the development of life skills and self-sufficiency.
- Bachelor of Arts.
- 2 years working with high school students and their families through employment or internship, in diverse, low to moderate income communities.
- Experience working with higher education institutions. Ability to collaborate and communicate with higher education institutions.
- Must have knowledge of the college and vocational application processes for college applications, financial aid, scholarships, etc. and have the ability to engage high risk students and parents in higher education planning.
- Position designs and carries out after school and summer program curriculum in preparing Bridge students for higher education.
- Ability to develop relationships and communicate with a wide variety of diverse people. Excellent problem solving and organizational skills. Ability to implement partnerships with community organizations and be a team member.
- Availability to work nights and weekends.
- Master's in Education or related field. Two years post BA experience.
- Experience precollegiate and collegiate support services.
- Experience with high risk high school and college youth.
- Experience working with higher education institutions.
- Bilingual in Spanish or Vietnamese languages.
Monday-Thursday, 10:30-8:00pm/Summer Monday-Friday 8:00-3:30pm
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm on Monday, August 7, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter