Cataloging and Metadata Librarian
Librarian, Instructor | Position# 10739 | Job ID: 13031
Cataloging and Metadata Librarian
University Libraries, Reese Library, Summerville Campus
Reese Library of Augusta University invites applications for the position of Cataloging and Metadata Librarian. The primary focus of this non-tenure track faculty position is the management and development of the University Libraries integrated library system including electronic and print resources and metadata. The position supervises one full-time cataloging staff member.
The successful candidate will accomplish the following:
• Coordinate cataloging and metadata processes for the University Libraries’ integrated library system.
• Plan and develop policies regarding the Libraries’ integrated library system.
• Ensure that Libraries acquisitions are discoverable to Libraries users in a timely fashion.
• Maintain quality control and maintenance of records, authority control, and access points for records and collections within the integrated library system.
• Serve as a liaison librarian to one or more academic units, and provide library instruction sessions.
• Advance the Libraries position in the university and the academic community by working with peers and national cataloging and technical services librarians.
•Supervise one full time library staff member.
The Cataloging Librarian will serve as liaison librarian to one or more academic units and will serve on library and institutional committees as a faculty member.
The Cataloging Librarian is expected to be active professionally in local, regional, and national associations and will contribute to the professional literature.
The position has faculty rank and status (non-tenure track). Benefits include a competitive health package, TIAA/CREF, and other retirement options.
• American Library Association (ALA)-accredited Master’s degree in library science.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team-based environment.
• Ability to manage and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work collaboratively in an academic community.
• Ability to generate and analyze statistical reports.
• Prior experience with metadata, cataloging standards, and quality control in a digital environment, including RDA, EAD, FRBR.
• Demonstrated commitment to professional development through scholarly research relevant to areas of responsibility including publications, presentations, and participation and leadership in professional associations.
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. Range: $41,000-45,000.
How To Apply
To be considered an applicant for this position your must apply online at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty.
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Conditions of Employment
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review. For specific positions, the final candidate may be subject to a (pre-employment) physical, drug screen, and/or credit check.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree in the form of an original transcript. Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Also, Augusta University is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.