Assistant Professor of Accounting
The AACSB-accredited College of Business Administration at Winthrop University is seeking a motivated tenure-track Assistant Professor to join an excellent Accounting faculty. We seek a candidate who excels at teaching and demonstrates the potential to have a strong record of scholarly activity and service performance. Winthrop University is located in Rock Hill, SC, 15 miles south of Charlotte, NC. Winthrop has approximately 6,000 students and offers both bachelor’s and master’s degrees in the College of Business Administration. A national study ranked Winthrop #2 in terms of best outcomes for African-American students. In partnership with PricewaterhouseCoopers, Winthrop University’s College of Business Administration has initiated a program to prepare minority students to pass the CPA exam and enter the public accounting profession.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in accounting
- Engage in scholarly activity and professional stewardship
- Advise and mentor undergraduate students
- Serve on university, college, and departmental committees
A 9-month, full-time tenure-track appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor with the option of summer employment if funds are available. Salary dependent upon qualifications.
- Ph.D. in Accounting or firm expectation of completion by July 2018
- A record of excellent teaching
- Evidence of the potential for scholarship and professional stewardship commensurate with appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student body
- Ability to work collaboratively with departmental members in maintaining and strengthening the program
- Experience with online instruction, program development, and program delivery preferred
Applications for this position should consist of:
- A letter of application including the candidate’s interest in the position, qualifications for the position, teaching philosophy, scholarly research agenda, and service goals.
- A current curriculum vitae
- Evidence of teaching excellence, scholarship, and successful administrative experience.
- The names, addresses, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references
- A terminal degree transcript
- This institution is using Interfolio's ByCommittee to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge. (https://apply.interfolio.com/43353)
- Application deadline is October 1, 2017 for full consideration. Application materials received after the deadline date may be considered if an acceptable candidate has not been found. Questions about the position should be directed to the chair of the search committee, Dr. Adriana Cordis (firstname.lastname@example.org).