Chair, Department of Accounting, Economics, and Finance (Associate Professor or Professor)
The AACSB-accredited College of Business Administration at Winthrop University is seeking a motivated tenure-track Associate Professor or Professor to become Chair of the Department of Accounting, Finance, and Economics. We seek a candidate who has a record of effective administrative leadership, excellent teaching, productive scholarship, and meaningful professional stewardship. The candidate will direct and monitor 15 full-time faculty members. A national study ranked Winthrop University #2 in terms of best outcomes for African-American students. In partnership with PricewaterhouseCoopers, Winthrop University’s College of Business Administration has initiated a program to prepare minority students to pass the CPA exam and enter the public accounting profession. The candidate will provide leadership in this important program.
Winthrop University is located in Rock Hill, SC, 15 miles south of Charlotte, NC. Winthrop has approximately 6,000 students and offers both bachelor’s and master’s degrees in the College of Business Administration.
- Serve as the senior academic and administrative officer for the department
- Provide strategic and operational direction for the department
- Manage departmental activities and programs
- Recruit, mentor, and evaluate faculty members, adjunct instructors, and administrative support personnel
- Promote the program to internal and external audiences, potential students, potential donors, professional partners, and future employers
- Develop course schedules for the department
- Teach graduate and undergraduate courses in areas of expertise
- Provide leadership to the PricewaterhouseCoopers program for minority students
- Engage in scholarly activity and professional stewardship
- Serve on the College of Business Administration’s Dean Council
- Develop curriculum
- Oversee program assessment
- Other duties as assigned
A 10.5-month, full-time tenure-track appointment at the rank of Associate or Full Professor with the option of summer employment if funds are available. Salary dependent upon qualifications.
- Ph.D. in Accounting
- Evidence of relevant administrative experience
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills
- Experience with AACSB accreditation standards and process
- A record of teaching, scholarship, and professional engagement commensurate with appointment at the rank of Associate or Full Professor
- Ability to build relationships with professionals in the fields of accounting, finance, and economics
- Experience with online instruction, program development, and program delivery preferred
- Experience with external grants and contracts
Applications for this position should consist of:
- A letter of application including the candidate’s interest in the position, qualifications for the position, administrative philosophy, scholarly research agenda, and teaching philosophy
- A current curriculum vitae
- Evidence of teaching excellence, scholarship, and successful administrative experience.
- The names, addresses, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references
- A terminal degree transcript
- This institution is using Interfolio's ByCommittee to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge. (https://apply.interfolio.com/43349)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Application deadline is October 1, 2017 for full consideration. Application materials received after the deadline date may be considered if an acceptable candidate has not been found. Questions about the position should be directed to the chair of the search committee, Dr. Gary Stone (firstname.lastname@example.org).