ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, ASSAY DEVELOPMENT
Duties: The Gene Therapy Program (GTP) is entering a new era of unprecedented opportunity with the great potential to reshape the face of medicine as we know it. Our discoveries have set the stage for successful treatments and possibly even cures for devastating genetic diseases.
The laboratory of Dr. Jim Wilson, at GTP of the University of Pennsylvania, has been a leader in the development of innovative vector technology for close to three decades. We have emerged as the 'go-to' organization for public and private partners, who want to participate in the gene therapy space. Currently, we are positioned to lead another round of vector innovation and establish pre-clinical and clinical proof-of-concept in therapeutic applications of in-vivo genome editing.
Our Vector Core is currently on the hunt for an Associate Director of Assay Development to partner with researchers on developing and qualifying assays as they relate to the characterization of vector products.
In this role, you will be responsible for directing the activities of the assay development team, assigning all projects and partnering with staff in the development of assays appropriate for the characterization and release of vector products for research, IND-enabling studies, and phase I human clinical trials. You will guide the process of assay qualification and participate in the appropriate transfer of the technology of assays to the GLP QC testing group as well as external bodies (CRO's/CMO's).
Qualifications: - A Master's degree and 5 to 7 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experience with assay development and qualification a must!
- Must have experience knowledge and expertise working with biologics, GLP, and GMP
- Must have experience working with potency assays as they relate to ELISA, enzymatic, inCell Westerns
- Experience working with high content imaging & mass spectrometer is preferred
- Experience with JMP Software preferred but not required
- Experience training personnel in assay development and conducting assays helpful
- Experience in interactions with outside vendors, e.g., CMO/CROs required
- Independent thinker with a track record of working collaboratively to achieve goals
- Highly functioning, detail-oriented, and analytical mind-set required
- Excellent oral/written communication and management skills required
Reference Number: 40-26418
Salary Grade: 029
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: DM-Gene Therapy Program
Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial Administration