A job opportunity for a data scientist with a passion for solving real world problems using Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and software engineering skills. Must have strong communication skills, be results oriented, and have a strong quality of grit when approaching difficult problems. Possess both a willingness and desire to participate in a multidisciplinary team to fully understand the underlying business problems being solved.
Experience and Job Skills:
- Four years of experience working with ML and AI technology
- Four years of evaluating and tuning the performance of ML applications
- Five years or more of working with Python
- Three years using Python for all aspects of handling, preparing, and transforming data in applications such as ETL processing
- Four years with the Linux OS
- Two years using SQL and DBs in projects
- Four years using source control (e.g. GIT) and other team-based software engineering tools
- Four years of experience using statistical analysis
- Two years Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Experience with neural networks in ML
- Experience building ML projects using Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with visualization tools
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution; Master's or PhD preferred
- No travel
- Must be able to lift 5 lbs.
- Typical office setting.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain.
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.