Men's Swimming Assistant Coach
Requisition # 2017-7807
Date Posted 7/24/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
The mission of Princeton University Department of Athletics is to strive for excellence in academics and athletics, while embracing equity in opportunity, good sportsmanship, and ethical conduct. In keeping with this mission, the role of the Assistant Men's Swimming Coach is to support a quality varsity program which will challenge and develop the physical, mental and personal abilities of student-athletes of a Division I program. Reporting to the Head Coach, the responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assist in all aspects of coaching a nationally competitive Division I Swimming program, including thorough knowledge of the sport, coaching strategies and player development.
• Assist in overall program planning and organization
• Assist in recruitment of student-athletes on national and regional levels.
• Assist with planning for alumni events including fundraising.
• Adhere to Ivy League and NCAA rules and regulations.
• Work within the framework of the Department of Athletics administration and coaches.
• Communicate effectively with students, faculty, administration, staff and alumni.
- Successful background in coaching, preferably at the collegiate level.
- Previous recruiting experience.
- Collegiate playing experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Successfully pass NCAA recruiting examination within four months of hire.
- First Aid, AED, and CPR certification within four months of hire.
- Excellent computer skills.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Estimated Appointment End Date
Comments Related to End Date
Assistant Coach contracts are renewed annually.
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.