IAM PORTFOLIO MANAGER
JOB NO.: 91472-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems/Technology, Web Design/Development
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 91472-AS
Working Title: IAM Portfolio Manager
Official Title: SR IS SPECIALIST(S45BN) or IS SPECIALIST(S45DN)
Hiring Department: A067140-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/ENTERPRISE/MIDDLEWARE
Anticipated Begin Date: SEPTEMBER 25, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $75,000 Maximum $90,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
No degree required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Minimum of 5 years' work experience managing projects or services using project management methodologies(minimum of 7 years' to be considered at a senior level).
* Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams without formal authority.
* Ability to analyze and present data and program information in non-technical language, orally and in writing.
* Ability to represent a service and effectively engage with diverse team members and stakeholders.
* Demonstrate the ability to analyze, laterally and creatively think, take initiative, provide logical reasoning, be persistent, and work with other team members to problem solve.
* Project management experience or equivalent training or certification.
* Ability to develop top down and bottom up work breakdown structure (WBS)
* Ability to manage risk registers and mitigation plans
* Ability to develop & manage portfolio, capacity, and project plans
* Experience using and applying Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
* Able to generate portfolio/project documentation, e.g. approvals, issues, decisions, etc., with Microsoft Tools (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, SharePoint, etc.)
* Ability to manage vendor relationships, contracts, statements of work, requests for information, and requests for procurement.
The Division of Information Technology (DoIT) provides enterprise IT services to University of Wisconsin-Madison and the University of Wisconsin System. DoIT employs approximately 900 people with an operating budget of over $100 million, is on one of the nation's most beautiful Big 10 College campuses, and has a strong focus and commitment to all of its employees, which includes professional and personal development.
This position is part of our Middleware team within the Enterprise Internet Services Department. We focus on Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions for UW Madison and UW System faculty, students, and staff. Our team is frequently engaged in providing identity services that support cross-institutional research initiatives. This includes providing identity support for regional, national and international research collaborations in medical informatics, high energy physics and other research disciplines that have produced groundbreaking scientific discoveries.
The Middleware team designs, develops, and maintains identity and access controls solutions for over 1500 applications that ultimately provide services to over 185,000 faculty, students, and staff. The IAM portfolio is a mix of commercial, open source, and locally developed tools.
Principal duties of the IAM Portfolio Manager include directing the operational planning and project activities of the Middleware Team; management of the operational, financial, and service team activities of the Identity Management Service Team; and managing enterprise level projects that span UW Madison campus and UW System.
Please Note: DoIT is unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
Instructions to applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should specifically address the Required Qualifications listed in the Relevant Work Experience section.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 24 Jul 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 21 Aug 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time