Workplace Health & Wellness Manager / Disability Management Coordinator
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Title: Workplace Health & Wellness Manager / Disability Management Coordinator
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Human Resources
Date Posted: 07/24/2017
Position Information: Under the general direction of the Associate Vice Chancellor for Human Resources, the Workplace Health and Wellness Manager is responsible for full-cycle ownership of faculty and staff disability case management. In addition, the Workplace Health and Wellness Manager will provide leadership and direction for the following functions: Return to Work, Ergonomics, Workstrong, and Wellness programs. Management duties include responsibility for program management and coordination, loss prevention analysis, communications, training, reports, financial outcomes and support and collaboration with Enterprise Risk Management for maintaining compliance with University requirements for a self-insured workers' compensation program as well as disability management, workplace health and wellness, and ergonomic initiatives. Directs the development and implementation of strategies and programs to prevent loss and to minimize the financial and human impact of losses to the campus while ensuring a high level of customer service. Acts as a resource to UCR departments relating to federal and state disability laws and University policies relating to employees with disabilities, and applies those standards to program operations. Coordinates with other Human Resources functions such as Labor Relations, Benefits, Policies and Program as well as other campus departments i.e. Environmental Health and Safety, Enterprise Risk Management, Campus Counsel, Equal Employment/Affirmative Action and other campus departments as required by business necessity.
Minimum Requirements: Demonstrates knowledge of budget management process.
Has thorough knowledge of organization benefit programs, current business and benefit trends and organization policies and procedures.
Demonstrates ability to delegate and oversee assignments to ensure successful and timely completion as well as to obtain the cooperation of others within and outside the unit.
Has highly effective written and verbal communication skills to convey technical and complex benefit program information in a clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization.
Is able to work in a highly collaborative manner, establish priorities, goals/objectives and timelines.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview