Director of Clinical Experiences and Partnerships
The School of Education at Metropolitan State University of Denver seeks an innovative, creative, and collaborative individual to serve as its Director of Clinical Experiences and Partnerships. Responsible for overseeing the Office of Clinical Experiences. The Director will enact an intentional vision for creating, and building upon existing, dynamic district/school partnerships to ensure the most meaningful and professionally relevant clinical experiences for all of MSU Denver’s undergraduate and graduate teacher candidates. Working with internal and external stakeholders, the Director will co-construct mutually beneficial internship possibilities, enabling the School of Education and Front Range districts to authentically collaborate around meeting the needs of schools and preparing today’s education students for leadership in tomorrow’s schools.
The candidate must have the ability to work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of a culturally diverse urban population.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.
Director of Clinical Experiences and Partnerships
Salary for Announcement
The salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
SoE - School of Ed
Full Time Administrators
The Director of Clinical Experiences and Partnerships will:
25% Fostering Collaborative Partnerships:
Collaborate closely with faculty to develop consistent, coordinated, institutionalized policies and procedures for clinical sites and partnerships with districts and schools based on current research.
Collaborate with School of Education Department Chairs and Dean, to establish institutional commitment to partnerships.
Serve as liaison between the School of Education and P-12 educational organizations and programs, including Colorado Departments of Education and Higher Education.
10% Budget Management:
Oversee the Office of Clinical Experiences to develop a projected budget for successive academic years.
Acquire funding, grant funding and identify/secure alternative funding sources for program implementation
Comply with all fiscal procurement regulations, policies and procedures
50% Program Implementation/Leadership:
Collaborate with staff and chairs, and as co-leader of the School of Education Partnership Committee made up of faculty, to draft, implement, and continuously improve an intentional, professional, and pedagogically-sound trajectory of clinical experiences (i.e., early clinical experiences through culminating residency and student teaching experiences) for all teacher education candidates.
Ensure placement of 400+ teacher candidates in schools/educational facilities that are aligned with curricular goals each semester.
Provide effective supervision of administrative staff.
Take a leadership role in forming partnerships with local schools and child-care facilities (both public and private) by recruiting, developing, and maintaining clinical sites.
Attend and present School of Education placement program to internal and external stakeholders, including state departments and other higher education institutions.
Work with the School’s Data and Assessment Specialist to collect, and devise effective methods of, evaluation data for accreditation purposes to inform program decisions, drive instruction, and make recommendations for future clinical placements.
10% Professional Development:
Remain professionally competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts, attending and/or presenting at professional development opportunities.
5% other Duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in Education or other relevant field the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with and sensitivity to the needs of a diverse urban student population including (but not limited to) persons of color, LBGTQIA students, persons from low-income backgrounds, first-generation students, persons with disabilities, undocumented students, non-traditional students, veterans, and English-language learners.
• A record of building collaborative relationships around promising practices for clinical experiences (experience in a student teaching or field placement office in an IHE).
• Teaching experience (minimum three years) in a preK-12 setting.
• Teaching experience in an accredited college or university (minimum 2 semesters of part time or full time instruction).
• Must have database management experience for recordkeeping and reporting purposes.
• Supervisory experience.
• Experience conducting fiscal responsibilities and budget management for an organization, program, or department.
• PhD in Education or related field.
• Experience with staff development or as a teacher coach or mentor.
• Knowledge of local (Front Range) schools and districts.
• Knowledge of Colorado’s Teacher Quality and Academic Standards for teachers.
• Record of strategic planning for deliverable outcomes.
• Demonstrated understanding of data and assessment for program evaluation and accreditation.
Close on Closing Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
This posting will close at midnight MST on the closing date.