College of the Sequoias Community College District
Description of Position
Under the direction of the Director, Learning Resources, the Library Assistant performs a variety of clerical and customer service duties in the Learning Resource Center (LRC).
The Library Assistant will have any combination equivalent to: sufficient training and experience to demonstrate the Representative Duties.
Experience working with students from diverse cultural, ethnic, socioeconomic, academic and disability backgrounds.
• Provide information and assistance to students, staff and the general public in use of library services and materials in the Learning Resource Center (LRC).
• Assist in locating and gathering materials for students and faculty.
• Provide guidance and assistance to student employees.
• Assist in processing and removal of library materials.
• Materials and collection maintenance
• Check books and materials in and out.
• Perform other duties reasonably related to the job classification.
• Office environment.
• Constant interruptions.
• Ability to communicate with students/public.
• Ability to read documents.
• Ability to sit and stand for extended period of time.
• Ability to reach in all directions.
• Ability to lift moderately heavy objects
• Ability to operate a computer and office equipment.
Conditions of Employment
• Salary is at Range 20 (starting $14.42 hourly) Initial placement on step AA
• Salary increase after 6 months of satisfactory services; increases annually thereafter.
• Minimum 5% increase if promoted.
• 10-working month probationary period.
• Union membership upon employment.
• PERS Retirement.
Only complete application packages will be evaluated by a qualified screening committee as soon as possible after the closing date. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Application materials will be screened to determine the extent to which they meet the Representative Duties. A selected group of candidates will be invited for oral interviews. After initial interviews, finalists may be asked to return for a second interview.
All costs incurred as a result of the application/selection process shall be borne by the candidate.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://www.cos.edu/About/HumanResources/Pages/Employment-Opportunities.aspx
Applicants must submit the following materials which must be received by Human Resource Services on or before the application deadline.
August 11, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
• Completed COS classified application form.
• Letter of Interest which addressing your interest in this
position and the representative duties
Human Resource Services
College of the Sequoias CCD 915 S. Mooney Blvd. Sequoia Building, Room 5 Visalia, CA 93277
Notice to all candidates for employment
"College of the Sequoias Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military service, or any other basis protected by law."
The District provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the job application and hiring process, please contact a representative from Human Resources at (559) 730-3867 to request a reasonable accommodation."