Assistant Director of Hospitality Career Services
The Assistant Director of Hospitality Career Services is an integral member of Daniels Career Services and the Fritz Knoebel School of Hospitality Management team, who oversees and supports the schools efforts associated with career advising and employer relations. Creates and provides a variety of effective career resources for successful student employment, enhances students school experience; fosters and grows industry employer relationships; collaborates with and supports the Career Services units of the Daniels College of Business and University of Denver to develop and promote market-relevant programs.
This position will collaborate with the Fritz Knoebel Director on prospective donor cultivation by establishing relationships with hospitality organizations recruiting Fritz Knoebel students such that recruiters see the value in providing financial support to the school. The Assistant Director will represent the Fritz Knoebel School on College and University level committees, particularly those addressing career services, the student experience, and campus climate. This position works with the Fritz Knoebel Director and other staff on actively engaging students in the life of the School and in nurturing a culture of involvement through participation in the planning and execution of co- and extra-curricular activities in the Fritz Knoebel School. The Assistant Director will attend either the New York Hotel Show or National Restaurant Association Show approximately every other year to stay abreast of industry developments and chaperone student recipients of Russell Endowment Grants awarded by the school to enable students to attend these industry forums.
- Management of student work experience and management internship programs.
- Provide resources for students to achieve their degree required field experience hours through: job postings, employer information sessions, employment prep workshops, industry panels and career counseling.
- Process and manage documentation of work hours, works with DU Risk Management and DU Legal Counsel to be in compliance with internship contract regulations.
- Maintain career placement data.
- Coordinate and manage annual Knoebel School Career Fair and associated programming plan and execute fair, student development sessions, coordinate student/employer next-day interviews, coordinate Senior Ambassador Program for the Fair.
- Foster and grow hospitality industry relationships.
- Serve employers: job postings, employer information sessions, outreach and engagement with school and university.
- Manage LEAD Mentorship Program
- Organize and execute annual program which pairs students with industry professionals including kick-off reception and mentor appreciation luncheon.
- Collaborate and support Daniels, DU and community career services programs.
- Participate in career events, programs and organizations to provide assistance, build relationships and learn from other professionals to add more effectiveness to better serve students.
- Master's degree or equivalent experience in career advising and coaching.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in career advising and coaching.
- Demonstrated experience in providing excellent customer service.
- Master's degree in business or higher education.
- 1-2 years of business-related hospitality work experience.
- Supervisory and/or managerial work experience in the hospitality industry.
- Experience developing and/or administering student retention programs/efforts.
- Knowledge of Banner and Canvas.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Some evenings and weekends are required. This position will require the ability to travel domestically and internationally.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Friday, August 4, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.