Assistant Nordic Skiing Coach
The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the school's academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 28 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 17 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
The University of Denver Division of Athletics and Recreation invites applications for the Assistant Nordic Skiing Coach position. The Assistant Coach assists the Head Coach in the administration of all aspects of the sport program including but not limited to: training, waxing, recruiting, travel schedule, budget management, equipment, fundraising and ensuring program compliance with NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals within the University community as well as a diverse 18-25 year old population of student-athletes from around the US and Europe.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Proven knowledge of Nordic ski racing and training at the national or international level.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a national or international level Nordic ski coach or athlete.
- Proven knowledge of Nordic racing ski testing and preparation best-practices.
- Energetic, highly motivated and outgoing personality who is passionate about recruiting, and developing student-athletes within the academic and athletic standards set forth by the University of Denver and the NCAA.
- Willingness to acquire a knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations and display exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations.
- Master's degree.
- At least 4 years of national or international level Nordic ski coaching experience.
- Proven success coaching athletes to elite level (Junior World Championship, U-23 World Championship, NCAA All-American).
- Experience racing at the collegiate skiing level or higher.
- At least one year of coaching experience at or above the junior level.
For best consideration, please submit your applications materials by Friday, August 4, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.