Program Director, Professional MBA Program
The Program Director supports the Associate Dean of Executive and Professional MBA Programs to create a seamless and excellent experience for approximately 150 individuals in the Professional MBA program. Extensive faculty and student interface is required. The Director is the point of contact for all students in the Program, and provides continuity between admitting, the program and their experience, and as they become alumni.
- Program Management
- Responsible for the implementation of the day-to-day operations of the Professional MBA programs, including but not limited to:
- Development and delivery of student onboarding and orientation into the program providing a seamless hand-off from admissions manager.
- Provide student support throughout the program including registration, extracurricular activities, academic challenges and opportunities.
- Partner with cohort leaders to provide an exemplary student experience.
- Serve as the liaison between the PMBA Program and key university functions such as admissions, registrar, compliance, financial aid, marketing, information technology, student support and career services.
- Deliver consistent streams of communications to the cohort including a calendar of courses, deadlines, activities and opportunities for development.
- Create professional development opportunities for current students and alumni i.e.; panel discussions, case competitions, career services, leadership and professional development.
- Connect students to alumni for development and career opportunities.
- Serve as point of contact for questions from students regarding concerns of student experience and forward concerns/issues to appropriate party to resolve, follow up to ensure this is done.
- Develop and execute PMBA student events for educational, experiential and relational content.
- With the Associate Dean, develop a Professional MBA Advisory Board.
- With the Associate Dean revise, update and keep program content current.
- Provide operational and administrative support to the Associate Dean to ensure the ongoing success of the program.
- Collaborate with faculty regarding student advisement and section registration.
- Participate and support all Daniels Graduate Programs recruiting events, helping with potential student interviews as necessary.
- Secure and/or ensure availability of appropriate resources for effective and smooth delivery of courses and program services on class days and other days as needed.
- Identify and implement improvements to enhance student satisfaction and/or faculty satisfaction with the program.
- Other duties as assigned
- Course Management
- Work with the Associate Dean to assure appropriate staffing/scheduling of courses, orientation of faculty, and assessment and modification of courses.
- Work with Student Services team to proactively monitor student progress, identify students who may be at risk, implement strategies in collaboration with the Associate Dean to identify opportunities to develop, measure and help improve academic success.
- Assist with scheduling, supervising class selections and adjusting enrollments by section where needed.
- Manage PMBA course evaluation reminders to faculty as well as analysis and reporting of completed evaluation data to Associate Dean.
- Primary contact for PMBA students on matters relating to PMBA operations.
- Develop and manage Leading at the Edge weekend for PMBA students, including participation.
- Process all scholarships and student bursar awards, stop out and withdrawal procedures.
- Track cohort counts each quarter and oversee registration.
- Course Evaluations/Student and Other Surveys
- Manage the exit surveys and quarterly course evaluations.
- Manage data collection for faculty and course evaluations and assurance of learning Record and interpret data.
- Oversee management of 360s for PMBA students.
- Other surveys and duties as assigned/requested.
- Program Technology
- Maintain and update Canvas cohort containers.
- Maintain and update cohort mailing lists, 25 Live scheduling of classrooms, meeting space, etc.
- Create and maintain cohorts in Salesforce.
- Update Orientation website twice each year.
- Stay current on technological advances in higher education, including lecture capture.
- Master's degree in a field related to business, economics, public policy or international relations.
- Seven years of work experience establishing and executing multi-year, multifaceted programs.
- Experience cultivating and maintaining meaningful relationships with prospects, customers or clients.
- Prior experience in higher education or people development.
- Proven track record of excellent persuasive communication.
- MBA, DBA or PhD from an AACSB accredited business school.
- Experience leading teams responsible for meeting deadlines and performance goals.
- Experience managing academic programs.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.