Business Services Manager
Business Services Manager
Job Number: 75685
Business Title: Business Services Manager Job Title: Product/Program Manager 1 Job Code: 4915 The Stanford Center for Professional Development (SCPD), a part of the Office of the Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning (VPTL), is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual for our Business Services Manager. This position oversees operations related to educational programs delivered on campus, online and blended formats. S/he manages business processes, vendors, and execution of online capture and on-campus events. The Business Services Manager's primary goal is to ensure satisfaction for Stanford students, faculty and attendees from industry and to increase revenue over expenses for each program. During live and virtual events, the Business Services Manager will make independent decisions in the best interest of the program, the attendees, and the University. S/he will be the contact with Stanford faculty, departments, partner organizations (both domestic and international), instructors, and be the primary contact for large-scale vendors and service providers. Due to the global and customer-facing nature of work, this position is often required to work sporadic schedules including early mornings, evenings and weekends. This is a wonderful department that works well as a team! If you are looking for a position in a fast-paced environment, this is the job for you!
SCPD & VPTL websites: http://scpd.stanford.edu/ http://vptl.stanford.edu Core Duties
- Understand and communicate the features, benefits, and advantages of the product/program to a target audience.
- Gather, analyze and report on product/program data.
- Execute a tactical plan to meet the product/program objectives.
- Assist in the development of materials which support the product/program.
- Initiate and lead meetings with stakeholders to plan scope and format of events, establish and monitor budgets, and/or review administrative procedures and event progress.
- Serve as project leader on specific events, coordinating teams that plan, implement, and manage all aspects of events such as: marketing, vendors, fan experience, ticket office, concessions, press and/or media
- Research and provide recommendations for potential event locations, and evaluate alternatives.
- Responsible for budget planning and management, venue management and equipment and facilities management for specific events.
- Procure and coordinate vendor services. Negotiate vendor contracts to minimize liability and risks.
- Other duties may also be assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Team player.
- We are unable to provide Sponsorship for this position.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork.
- Occasionally work on evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.