Job Number: 75686
Business Title: Dietitian Job Title: Dietitian 1 Division/School: Vice Provost for Student Affairs Job Code: 4531 Salary Level: G Schedule: Part-Time (60% FTE) Appointment Duration: (continuing) This position is 60% FTE September through June with Seasonal Layoff during the month of July and August. Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description The Office of Health Promotion Services at Vaden Health Center is proud to be part of Student Affairs, which advances student development and learning; fosters community engagement; promotes diversity, inclusion and respect; and empowers students to thrive. JOB PURPOSE: Apply the principles of nutrition to the human diet in research, dining hall, student community, classroom, or individual settings. Serve as a dietary resource for assistance with nutritional programs and clinical research. CORE DUTIES*:
- Participate in the planning and design of meals for individuals and student populations to ensure nutritional standards are met.
- Facilitate dietary modifications as required by research studies.
- Provide nutritional education and/or counseling to research participants, chefs, students participating in health-education classes and students with nutritional needs.
- Develop programs to meet individual needs and nutritional goals. Coordinate and supervise students with nutrition related issues.
- Conduct and document nutritional assessments.
- Participate in cross-campus teams, panels, committees and working groups engaged in health education programs.
- Support clinical research protocols with Principal Investigator.
- Document individual and program results in accordance with federal and state requirements.
- Contribute to development and implementation of subject recruitment and screening strategies as required.
- Assist in implementation of data collection procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to convey nutritional concepts to individuals of varying ages and cultural backgrounds.
- Verbal skills to conduct interviews and present nutritional concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information (verbal and written) with tact and diplomacy.
- Written English skills to document nutritional assessments.
- Ability to assess individual nutritional needs based on age, weight, physical activity, and general health.
- Current Registered Dietitian Certificate.
- Registered Dietitian and member of the American Dietetic Association.
- Demonstrated expertise in serving young adult populations.
Job: Health Care Services
Location: Vice Provost for Student Affairs
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.