Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative
Job Number: 75692
Customer Service Representative The Customer Service Representative (CSR) reports to the Retail Team Supervisor in the Office of Parking and Transportation Services. The Customer Service Representative interacts with Stanford faculty, staff, students, vendors, and visitors on a daily basis, providing customer service regarding all transportation products and services. Typical duties:
- Answers the department's general telephone line and provides information to customers regarding parking and alternative transportation options. Takes messages from voicemail and returns calls on routine issues and requests.
- Sells parking permits, carpool permits, transit passes, and other products offered by Parking and Transportation over the counter. Processes applications for permit sales received by mail or fax.
- Reconciles cash drawer and daily sales log, balancing cash, checks, credit cards, etc., for the daily sells for all the transportation products. Resolve discrepancies, working with analysts and supervisor.
- Processes bike registrations for students and the Stanford community entering data into database.
- Processes on-line web orders for permits, Clean Air Cash, transit ordered by faculty, staff and students.
- Enters data into database for ridesharing, GRH and Emergency Ride alternative programs.
- Provides transportation information to campus department, visitors and lectures, including Marguerite and public transit information and schedules.
- Responds to request for special event parking arrangements and updates the event parking calendar.
- Coordinates with outside transit agencies for current schedules, and maintains lobby area.
- Attends and participates in meetings that may include overseeing a project, offers, ideas and suggestions to improve programs and customer service.
- Works closely with department's analysts and programmer to identify and correct database problems and make recommendations, which may not include supervisor's assistance.
- Work with the team to annually revise the “training” manual used during busy season.
- Provides first-hand training and assistance to “temporary employees”.
- Performs other general duties relevant to job and department needs as determined by supervisor.
- Requires at least 2-3 years customer service experience. Combination of education and experience that demonstrates the skills necessary to provide friendly customer service and act in a professional manner at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to interact patiently and courteously with a variety of people.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be willing to learn policies and procedures and use information to make decisions on routine basis.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Requires ability to function effectively and multi-task in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, with frequent interruptions.
- Requires willingness to perform detailed repetitive work accurately and expeditiously.
- Requires ability to perform detailed repetitive work accurately and expeditiously.
- Requires ability to make decisions on routine issues, priorities, and work activities within the immediate work area using common sense and facts to make sound decisions.
- Requires occasional work schedule adjustments and ability to work overtime during peak periods.
Location: Land, Buildings and Real Estate
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.