Bachelor’s degree; and 3 years experience in student support in higher education setting.
Purpose of Job
The Admissions Recruiter/Advisor reports to the Director of Admission and Recruiting for carrying out such assignments within university policies as might be necessary for optimum student enrollment.
Scope of Responsibilities
The incumbent is responsible for coordinating all admissions and recruiting activities with the Director of Admissions and Recruiting. The Admissions Recruiter/Advisor is a complex administrative position that should maintain extensive knowledge of university admission requirements, policies and procedures in order to interpret those regarding admissions. The incumbents must be able to implement a comprehensive recruitment strategy within a specific territory or specific population of students and advise students on enrollment requirements. He/she is responsible for remaining current on university admission policies and for interpreting such policies to prospective students, parents, teachers, counselors and other individuals or groups that have an interest in Alcorn State University.
Essential Job Functions
• Communicate with prospective students, parents, alumni and community through appointment, telephone, email and other materials.
• Assist with the development of enrollment marketing publications and communication including letters, brochures, website postings, electronic mail and other mediums.
• Presents information about the benefits of an education from the department, college or are being represented at onsite locations and to on-campus visitors.
• Foster and develop relationships with schools or other areas being recruited from.
• Compile recruitment data from Banner, Hobson/Connect and other academic records.
• Audits student data and conducts statistical research to target population for recruitment and judge recruitment effectiveness.
• Coordinate recruitment programs such as high school days, scholarship banquets, and open houses.
• Advise high school students on gaining admissions to the university.
• Serve as a counselor to prospective students.
• Other duties are assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Must have good communication skills both oral and written.