Evening and Weekend Operations Specialist
The Evening and Weekend Operations Specialist is an integral part of the Tate Student Center staff. This position provides leadership for the Tate Student Center Department during the evening and weekend hours and is crucial to the successful operation of the Tate Student Center and Memorial Hall facilities. The specialist supervises a student building manager staff and supports programs sponsored by the Tate Student Center.
- Provide evening and weekend leadership for the Tate Student Center and Memorial Hall. The current work schedule is Monday - Friday 2 p.m. – 11 p.m. and is based on departmental needs. Conduct building inspections and serve as liaison to the Facilities Management Division on evening and weekends for maintenance and custodial concerns. Educate facility patrons concerning department policies. Resolve situations relating to facility access, reservations, and usage policies. Work cooperatively with other staff members to plan, organize, and supervise activities which includes distributing event schedules daily.
- Foster student development, leadership skills and active participation from a student building manager staff of approximately 5 part-time employees. Coordinate the hiring, training, scheduling, motivating, supervising and evaluating student employees. Ensure facility is properly staffed at all times during the evening and weekend times. Maintain current CPR certifications for student staff.
- Assist in implementing facility safety measures for Tate Student Center and Memorial Hall. Maintain and distribute accurate after hours emergency contact list. Provide guidance for annual departmental emergency operation trainings with full-time staff. Conduct regular emergency and safety trainings for student staff. Coordinate records of full-time and student staff CPR certifications. Maintain the department’s AEDs.
- Serve as an active member of the Tate Student Center team by supporting the mission of the department and the Division of Student Affairs. Maintain daily operational paperwork and distribute to appropriate personnel as deemed necessary for the success of the department. Provide supervision as necessary for special events and UGA home football games. Coordinate the student staff uniforms. Visit facilities on the UGA Health Science Campus weekly and report any operational issues. Assist with the daily operations of the Tate Student Center game room. Serve on committees at the department, division, university, or community level to foster personal growth and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two years of administrative and appropriate program experience; OR Master’s Degree in field appropriate to area; OR six years of progressively responsible administrative and appropriate program experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in assisting with the management and operations of university student center and directly supervising student employees.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certification.
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License.
The position is open until filled with an anticipated start date in September 2017.
For additional information, visit UGA's Human Resources website, posting number 20171312: www.ugajobsearch.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=72129
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.