~~Apple American Group is actively seeking experienced managers with a successful background managing restaurants or retail businesses. If you love the restaurant business, but still want a good quality-of-life schedule, send us your resume. We are continually growing and opportunities for advancement are here!
Interested applicants should have two years prior management experience in a similar organization. Should be a certified trainer, cross-trained in all positions, both FOH and BOH.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Manages Restaurant Environnent
• Ensures prompt, friendly service according to company guidelines, achieving established objectives of the unit on shopper reports.
• Directs overall activities and performance of employees on a shift-by-shift basis.
• Fosters a culture in accordance with the Apple American Group Gold Card of Values and Beliefs.
• Ensures the immediate response and correction of all verbal guest complaints to self and staff.
• Ensures guest contact as a priority with completion of required table visits established by Apple American standards.
• Enforces alcohol awareness on a shift-by-shift basis.
• Maintains adequate departmental inventory levels.
• Ensures product preparation and presentation uncompromisingly meeting company standards, utilizing line checks to Apple American standards.
• Effectively schedules employees to meet sales demands.
• Maintains effective safety and security programs according to company policy and government standards.
• Corrects unsafe practices or conditions.
• Promotes and manages restaurant organization, cleanliness and sanitation.
• Performs routine maintenance and immediately informs General Manager/Area Director of needed repairs.
• Advises AD/EGM/GM of any non-routine situations.
• Communicates with other manager daily through management log and shift change meetings.
• Completes all other assigned duties and responsibilities.
Manages Employee Performance
• Promotes quality recruitment and referrals of potential management candidates.
• Promotes Apple American Group training procedures of new managers.
• Helps maintain a trained staff through effective use of employment orientation, individual training sessions, employee meetings and implementation of company policy and training systems.
• Determines job assignments on a shift-by-shift basis.
• Participates in the constant development of employees, using One-on-One and Positive Performance Reports, and contributes to the completion of written evaluations.
• Assesses the effectiveness of employees, provides candid, fair feedback on a regular basis, and continuously works with employees on their areas of development.
• Monitors acceptable employee performance and documents situations that require or could lead to disciplinary or corrective action. Completes and maintains appropriate paperwork for employee files.
• Assures compliance with company policies, practices and procedures.
• Responsible to control cost in assigned department.
• Maintains and controls the assets of the company.
• Assures compliance with the local, state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines.
• Reports progress towards achieving restaurant performance objectives at management meetings.
• Complies with all cash handling procedures.
• Executes weekly food and liquor inventories/costs at the AD/EGM/GM's request and is accountable for completion.
• Responsible for preparing and submitting of accurate daily paperwork to the AD/EGM/GM.
• Assures sanitation standards meet or exceed Health Department standards.
• Develops goals and action plans for personal/professional growth.
• Provides a role model for managers and employees.
• Exhibits a professional image.
• Develops self on all store related technology.
• Utilizes the Management Development Program for continuous growth of management skills and competencies.
• Is responsible to learn the limits on authority.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Reading, writing, basic math and verbal communication skills
• Mobility required during the entire shift.
• Capable of using knives, slicing equipment, and other food preparation equipment.
• Capable of using POS and Back Office computer system.
• Able to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 50 pounds.
• Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes, and loud noise.
• Able to respond in emergency situations to avoid imminent dangers to self and others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to employees, dining room staff, and guests. Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to four (4) hours in length. Must have the ability to lift pots, pans, glassware, boxes, etc. up to 50 pounds in weight. Must be able to read and write facilitate communication. Must possess finger and hand dexterity for using small tools and equipment.
Apple American Group LLC owns and operates approximately 479 Applebee's Neighborhood Grill and Bar restaurants in Alabama, California, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Wisconsin, Washington State, and West Virginia.
Sun, 23 Jul 2017 10:17:07 PDT