Assistant Professor in Counselor Education/Professional Practice Coordinator
Eastern Mennonite University Department of Master of Arts in Counseling
POSITION: Full time, tenure track Assistant Professor in Counselor Education/Professional Practice Coordinator
- Teach graduate courses such as, but not limited to: Research and Evaluation, Assessment, Crisis Counseling, Consultation and Supervision
- Supervise practicum and internship courses as needed
- Advise graduate students and participate in graduate committees
- Participate in evaluation of the comprehensive mastery portfolio process
- Provide outreach and service to the University and the citizens of Harrisonburg
- Connect with regional counseling agencies and coordinate the field placement
- Plan and oversee professional development trainings in collaboration with faculty and the Program Director
- Represent the program to the general public through participation in such professional organizations as:
- American Counseling Association
- Association of Counselor Education and Supervision
- Virginia Counselor’s Association
- Other organizations as pertinent to the applicant's area of specialization
Required Qualifications - Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Doctorate in counselor education (from a CACREP-accredited program) by August 2018.
- Eligible for professional licensure in Virginia.
- Clinical experience working with groups and crisis counseling.
- Experience in teaching and conducting research.
- Experience teaching and supervising graduate counseling courses and clinical experiences.
- Possess and provide evidence of an active research agenda.
- Experience conducting programmatic evaluation.
- Experience collaborating with, growing, and innovating field sites.
Preferred Qualifications - Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to provide teaching and research across the field of clinical mental health counseling.
- Experience planning or coordinating professional development trainings.
- Demonstrated commitment and service to professional counseling associations.
- Potential to work collaboratively in a department that is diverse in theoretical orientation, clinical practice, and committed to experiential training.
- Demonstrated commitment to student, faculty, and staff diversity.
- Demonstrated commitment to and affinity for Mennonite and/or Anabaptist communities.
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to build innovative teaching and outreach programs.
- Have the ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
COMPENSATION: Salary is commensurate with experience
APPOINTMENT DATE: Position begins fall 2018. EMU reserves the right to fill the position at any time or keep the position open.
INQUIRIES: Applications will be accepted through September 15, 2017.
Applicants will be asked to respond to questions specific to EMU’s mission after the initial inquiry. Please send a letter of interest, Curriculum Vitae, Teaching Philosophy, transcripts (unofficial acceptable), and three letters of reference to:
Eastern Mennonite University
1200 Park Road
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22802
Eastern Mennonite University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the institution. Eastern Mennonite University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. EMU conducts criminal background investigations as part of the hiring process.
EMU seeks faculty who have demonstrated or show promise of
- teaching excellence in a Christian liberal arts environment,
- a commitment to ongoing scholarship, and
- familiarity with and support for Anabaptist/Mennonite Christian faith practices.